Get Gourmet Dishes From McDonald’s Ingredients
SHARP Literacy fundraiser offers gourmet food with a twist. Free tickets for our members
The event, a fundraiser for the organization, will feature Milwaukee chefs making gourmet appetizers, entrees and desserts from McDonald’s ingredients.
It will also allow the organization to share details on its partnership with area educators on science, technology, engineering, arts and math (STEAM)-based experiential programs.
The organization serves students in Milwaukee, Waukesha and Racine counties.
Tickets to the event, food and drink included, are $100 per person. But a limited number of Urban Milwaukee members can attend for free while supplies last. Claim your tickets before supplies run out. Free tickets are extremely limited.
Chefs include Alexa Alfaro and Matthew Alfaro of Meat on the Street, Jason Alston of Heaven’s Table, Monica Blake of Rise & Grind Cafe, Marco Garcia of Modern Maki, Angie Rondinelli of Downtown Kitchen, Brian Taborski of Saz’s Hospitality Group, Marcia Taylor and Mark Taylor of Lush Gourmet Popcorn and David Wolfe of Joey Gerard’s.
Chefs will need to use at least three core components in their dishes.
The Tandem has operated a free meal program throughout the pandemic that is now being transitioned to the nearby Upstart Kitchen as the restaurant reopens to dine-in service.
The event runs from 5:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. on July 15th at the Sherman Phoenix, 3536 W. Fond du Lac Ave.
Didn’t get the free tickets before they sold out? You can buy tickets online.
Not yet a member of Urban Milwaukee?
Urban Milwaukee offers the city’s only news-site membership program, with many perks such as this one. By becoming a member, not only will you help support Urban Milwaukee’s journalism, but you’ll help us continue to grow our publication, which now publishes more than 75 stories and 100 press releases per week.
This event is only one of the great perks you get by becoming an Urban Milwaukee member. Here are just a few others:
- Invitations to member-only events and online chats with a chance to meet and converse with Urban Milwaukee staff
- Free tickets to concerts, festivals, and other great events as they become available through our partners
- A 10 percent discount on all merchandise at Urban Milwaukee: The Store
- The ability to comment on articles
- Completely ad-free content on our website and daily newsletter
- A chance to provide support that assures Urban Milwaukee can continue focusing on smart, substantive news coverage rather than clickbait