Dentists Can Now Administer Vaccines
New legislation signed Monday requires dentists to take training before they can give vaccines.
Dentists in Wisconsin will be able to administer COVID-19 and flu vaccines under a bill signed into law Monday.
Wisconsin Act 8 requires dentists to go through training in administration, storage and record-keeping before they can administer the shots, among other conditions. The bill passed with broad bipartisan support, and comes as Wisconsin is opening up vaccine eligibility to Wisconsinites with preexisting conditions.
New reports of COVID-19 cases are holding steady in the state, based on the latest data published by the state Department of Health Services.
There were 2,599 negative tests reported on Monday.
As COVID-19 cases in Wisconsin continue to hold far below their November peak, more of the state’s residents are being vaccinated against the disease.
A total of 2,350,826 doses of the coronavirus vaccine have been administered in Wisconsin as of Monday, with 49 percent of Wisconsinites age 65 and up fully vaccinated.
As of Monday, 860,062 people in Wisconsin, or 14.8 percent of the population, have been fully vaccinated.
Increasing rates of vaccination have provided a sense of hope after a yearlong pandemic that has claimed the lives of 6,576 people in Wisconsin. There were no new deaths from COVID-19 reported on Monday.
Dentists, With Proper Training, Can Now Administer COVID-19 Vaccines And Flu Shots In Wisconsin was originally published by Wisconsin Public Radio.
- Wisconsin Reaches 4 Million COVID-19 Vaccine Doses Administered - Democratic Party of Wisconsin - Apr 22nd, 2021
- WI Daily: 732 New COVID-19 Cases Reported - Urban Milwaukee - Apr 22nd, 2021
- Transportation: Daily Service Returns to Amtrak’s Milwaukee-Chicago Line - Jeramey Jannene - Apr 22nd, 2021
- DHS Transitions to VaccineFinder - Wisconsin Department of Health Services - Apr 22nd, 2021
- President Larry Miller and Vice President Tony Báez Oppose Standardized Testing During the Pandemic - Milwaukee Board of School Directors - Apr 21st, 2021
- WI Daily: 626 New COVID-19 Cases Reported - Urban Milwaukee - Apr 21st, 2021
- New State COVID-19 Testing For Schools - Erik Gunn - Apr 21st, 2021
- WI Daily: 805 New COVID-19 Cases Reported - Urban Milwaukee - Apr 20th, 2021
- Gov. Evers Announces $50 Million to Support Kids’ Learning Opportunities, Mental Health - Gov. Tony Evers - Apr 20th, 2021
- Ron Johnson Doubles Down on Toxic Vote Against American Rescue Plan, Tells WI Voters They Didn’t Deserve Direct Checks - Protect Our Care Wisconsin - Apr 20th, 2021
Read more about Coronavirus Pandemic here