State Collecting At-Home COVID-19 Tests
In December state began distributing and receiving test kits. 1,600 collected so far.
The state has begun distributing and receiving at-home test kits for COVID-19.
The Evers Administration announced in December it had partnered with Vault Medical Services to provide saliva-based tests for free.
“People are ordering a kit and having it on hand for when they’re ready,” she said. “It’s a tool in your medicine cabinet so that if you do become symptomatic or have an exposure to COVID, you have a test ready to go.”
“They need to collect about a tablespoon of your saliva to do that test,” DeSalvo said. “You drop it into a UPS dropbox — they have to be returned using UPS — and then those results come back to you by email.”
Residents send samples back using prepaid labels that come with the kits.
Tests are available through the DHS website, and results typically come back 48 to 72 hours later.
At-Home COVID-19 Test Collection Underway In Wisconsin was originally published by Wisconsin Public Radio.
- City of Milwaukee Weekly COVID-19 Update - City of Milwaukee Health Department - Oct 15th, 2021
- MATC to Host Public COVID-19 Vaccine Clinic at the Downtown Milwaukee Campus Oct. 18 - Milwaukee Area Technical College - Oct 15th, 2021
- City Hall: MPD Supervisors Face Vaccine-or-Mask Requirement - Jeramey Jannene - Oct 14th, 2021
- Hospitals Expect to Lose Staff Over Vaccine Mandates - Shamane Mills - Oct 14th, 2021
- Rural Areas Have Highest COVID-19 Death Rates - Shamane Mills - Oct 13th, 2021
- DHS Announces Multiple Funding Opportunities to Address COVID-19 Health Disparities - Wisconsin Department of Health Services - Oct 13th, 2021
- City and Police Supervisors Reach Agreement on COVID Vaccinations - City of Milwaukee - Oct 13th, 2021
- MKE County: COVID-19 Disease Remains At High Level - Graham Kilmer - Oct 12th, 2021
- New COVID-19 Mass Testing Site Opens in Menomonee Valley - Jeramey Jannene - Oct 11th, 2021
- Class Action Lawsuit Targets Schools For Lax COVID-19 Policies - Corri Hess - Oct 10th, 2021
Read more about Coronavirus Pandemic here