State Collecting At-Home COVID-19 Tests
In December state began distributing and receiving test kits. 1,600 collected so far.
The state has begun distributing and receiving at-home test kits for COVID-19.
The Evers Administration announced in December it had partnered with Vault Medical Services to provide saliva-based tests for free.
“People are ordering a kit and having it on hand for when they’re ready,” she said. “It’s a tool in your medicine cabinet so that if you do become symptomatic or have an exposure to COVID, you have a test ready to go.”
“They need to collect about a tablespoon of your saliva to do that test,” DeSalvo said. “You drop it into a UPS dropbox — they have to be returned using UPS — and then those results come back to you by email.”
Residents send samples back using prepaid labels that come with the kits.
Tests are available through the DHS website, and results typically come back 48 to 72 hours later.
At-Home COVID-19 Test Collection Underway In Wisconsin was originally published by Wisconsin Public Radio.
- WI Daily: 840 New COVID-19 Cases - Urban Milwaukee - Feb 25th, 2021
- Evers Signs Bill on Unemployment System - Laurel White - Feb 25th, 2021
- DHS Announces Groups Eligible for COVID-19 Vaccine on March 1 - Wisconsin Department of Health Services - Feb 25th, 2021
- Milwaukee Health Department Adjusts Testing Hours at American Family Field - City of Milwaukee Health Department - Feb 25th, 2021
- WI Daily: 747 New COVID-19 Cases - Urban Milwaukee - Feb 24th, 2021
- State Creates 4 Community Vaccine Clinics - Megan Hart - Feb 24th, 2021
- State Vaccination Rate Increasing - Graham Kilmer - Feb 24th, 2021
- Wisconsin’s Emergency Powers Laws in Urgent Need of Reform - Wisconsin Institute for Law & Liberty - Feb 24th, 2021
- Souls to the Polls Urges Sen. Johnson to Vote ‘Yes’ on COVID-19 Relief Bill in the U.S. Senate - Souls to the Polls Milwaukee - Feb 24th, 2021
- WI Daily: 566 New COVID-19 Cases - Urban Milwaukee - Feb 23rd, 2021
Read more about Coronavirus Pandemic here