Senator Agard Sends Letter to Vice President Mike Pence, Calling on him to invoke the 25th Amendment
MADISON – Today, Senator Melissa Agard and other Democratic legislators sent a letter to Vice President Mike Pence calling on him to invoke the 25th Amendment to remove President Donald Trump from office following the riots orchestrated by his supporters in Washington D.C. yesterday.
Senator Melissa Agard (D-Madison) released the following statement:
“Every leader in our nation must stand up and acknowledge that this is the moment to draw a line in the sand and remove President Trump from office before further damage is done. Because of his dangerous rhetoric, lives were put at risk and lives were lost. We cannot continue to allow this President to spew lies and conspiracy theories to incite violent acts against dedicated public servants and the general population.
“My colleagues and I support the Democrats in Wisconsin’s federal delegation who have called for the removal of the President. The actions we witnessed this week, and for the past 4 years from this President, put this beyond question.”
- Murphy’s Law: The Vanishing Courage of Mike Gallagher - Bruce Murphy - May 11th, 2021
- Op Ed: Liz Cheney’s Profile In Courage - Dave Cieslewicz - May 9th, 2021
- Two Wisconsin Men Charged in Capitol Riot - Shawn Johnson - May 4th, 2021
- Kleefisch To Be Closing Act For Jan. 6th Conspiracy Theorist Keynote Address - Democratic Governors Association - Apr 14th, 2021
- Rebecca Kleefisch & Ron Johnson Share Stage With Speaker Who Called Capitol Attack “Staged” - Democratic Party of Wisconsin - Apr 14th, 2021
- Senator Ron Johnson Thanks Tom Nelson for Billboard near Mansion that Calls out his Racism - Tom Nelson - Mar 21st, 2021
- Sen. Warnock Offers to Help Johnson - Ruth Conniff - Mar 21st, 2021
- Op Ed: Boycott the Uline Corporation - Matt Rothschild - Mar 14th, 2021
- American Bridge 21st Century Calls on Ron Johnson to Resign Over Racist January 6 Comments - American Bridge 21st Century - Mar 12th, 2021
- Tiffany Pushed Election Lies, Report Notes - Henry Redman - Mar 6th, 2021
Read more about Chaos at the Capitol here