Senator Agard Sends Letter to Vice President Mike Pence, Calling on him to invoke the 25th Amendment
MADISON – Today, Senator Melissa Agard and other Democratic legislators sent a letter to Vice President Mike Pence calling on him to invoke the 25th Amendment to remove President Donald Trump from office following the riots orchestrated by his supporters in Washington D.C. yesterday.
Senator Melissa Agard (D-Madison) released the following statement:
“Every leader in our nation must stand up and acknowledge that this is the moment to draw a line in the sand and remove President Trump from office before further damage is done. Because of his dangerous rhetoric, lives were put at risk and lives were lost. We cannot continue to allow this President to spew lies and conspiracy theories to incite violent acts against dedicated public servants and the general population.
“My colleagues and I support the Democrats in Wisconsin’s federal delegation who have called for the removal of the President. The actions we witnessed this week, and for the past 4 years from this President, put this beyond question.”
- Two Priests Blame Antifa for Capitol Riot - Henry Redman - Jan 20th, 2021
- Black History and the Trump Uprising - Isiah Holmes - Jan 18th, 2021
- Authorities Monitoring State Capitol - WPR Staff - Jan 17th, 2021
- Statement Relating to 2018 Contribution to Republican Attorneys General Association (RAGA) - Wisconsin REALTORS® Association - Jan 17th, 2021
- Op Ed: Scott Fitzgerald Has Very Bad Week - James Rowen - Jan 17th, 2021
- Uihleins Gave $4 Million to Group Pushing Capitol Rally - Melanie Conklin - Jan 16th, 2021
- Campaign Cash: State Businesses Supported Group Pushing Capitol Rally - Wisconsin Democracy Campaign - Jan 14th, 2021
- GOP State Legislators Asked Pence to Not Certify Election - Melanie Conklin - Jan 14th, 2021
- Wisconsin Delegation Votes Party Line on Impeachment - Rob Mentzer - Jan 14th, 2021
- Rep. Hintz: Condemns Republican Legislators’ Lies and Dangerous Rhetoric - State Rep. Gordon Hintz - Jan 14th, 2021
Read more about Chaos at the Capitol here