Democrats Slam Assembly Elections Committee
A ‘forum for debunked conspiracies’?
As Trump’s last-ditch efforts to overturn Wisconsin’s presidential election results wind their way through the courts, Speaker Robin Vos (R-Rochester) and Majority Leader Rep. Jim Steineke (R-Kaukauna) announced that the Assembly Committee on Campaigns and Elections will hold a public hearing about the 2020 presidential election on Friday, Dec. 11 at 10 a.m.
“With numerous concerns brought forward, we will proceed with the election investigation,” Vos said in a statement. “We must ensure that every legal vote was counted and begin working to eliminate questionable practices that undermine the integrity of the vote.”
“We owe it to the voters of Wisconsin that all claims of voter fraud are investigated,” Steineke added. “It’s vital that we can have confidence in our state’s electoral process.”
Democratic committee members immediately pushed back on Republican members’ claims about voting irregularities that require investigating.
“When the Speaker first floated his idea for this sham hearing almost one month ago, it was irresponsible, unnecessary, and unfounded. Now that the results have been scrutinized and confirmed again and again, this cynical attempt to undermine the will of the people is shameful,” Reps. JoCasta Zamarripa (D – Milwaukee), Lisa Subeck (D – Madison) and Mark Spreitzer (D – Beloit) said in a joint statement.
“If hearings around the country are any indication, the upcoming hearing on state election procedures will be a forum for debunked conspiracies and outright lies,” the Democratic committee members added. “It is beyond time for the Speaker and his party to accept that President Trump lost Wisconsin and lost the Presidential election. Their attempts to cast doubt on that legal result are serving only to further undermine our democratic institutions. Election officials in Wisconsin have demonstrated time and time again that they acted legally and ethically when administering this election.”
Reprinted with permission of Wisconsin Examiner.
- Back In the News: Fake Elector Scheme Dogs Ron Johnson - Bruce Murphy - Jun 28th, 2022
- Judge Lifts Contempt Order for Speaker Vos - Rich Kremer - Jun 24th, 2022
- Gableman’s Office Held in Contempt of Court - Madeline Fox - Jun 10th, 2022
- Murphy’s Law: The Bradley Foundation’s Election Deniers - Bruce Murphy - Jun 7th, 2022
- The State of Politics: ‘Telling The Truth’ Led to Knudson Resignation - Steven Walters - Jun 6th, 2022
- Gableman Election Review $220,500 Over Budget - Henry Redman - Jun 2nd, 2022
- Another Judge Rejects Challenge to 2020 Election Grants - Shawn Johnson - Jun 1st, 2022
- Gathering To Spread the Big Lie - Henry Redman - May 25th, 2022
- Judge May Fine Vos in Gableman Open Records Case - Shawn Johnson - May 20th, 2022
- Democrats File Suit Against State Republicans Who Posed As Electors - Shawn Johnson - May 17th, 2022
Read more about 2020 General Election here