Baldwin Urges Trump to Deliver Medical Supplies
Baldwin tells Trump medical supply shortage "couldn't come at a worse time."
“In my letter, I urged you to act to deliver this assistance swiftly. It is now six months later, and Wisconsin is still experiencing supply shortages,” Baldwin wrote.
The shortages “couldn’t come at a worse time,” she added. “Wisconsin is currently experiencing one of the most serious outbreaks in the nation, and health care providers continue to share concerns about supply shortages. It is long past time for you to show leadership and take action to support our state with the supplies that we need and deserve.”
ThedaCare, a community health system in Northeastern Wisconsin, and Bellin Health in Green Bay are currently facing shortages of N95 masks, Baldwin wrote.
Other healthcare facilities around the state are in need of surgical gowns, reagents needed for COVID-19 testing and other supplies.
“Throughout this crisis, I have called on you to provide Wisconsin with the supplies we need to combat COVID-19,” Baldwin wrote. “However, you have mismanaged the federal distribution of medical supplies we need and failed to work constructively with Congress to reach agreement on additional COVID-19 relief funding that our state desperately needs.”
“We cannot afford more of your empty promises, and we cannot afford to wait,” she concluded.
Reprinted with permission of Wisconsin Examiner.
- WI Daily: 43% of Wisconsin’s COVID-19 Cases Have Come in Past Month - Jeramey Jannene - Oct 20th, 2020
- WI Daily: Record 1,172 People Actively Hospitalized With COVID-19 As DHS Restores Dashboard - Jeramey Jannene - Oct 19th, 2020
- Judge Restores Restaurant, Bar Restrictions - Shawn Johnson - Oct 19th, 2020
- Gov. Evers Releases Statement on Denial of Temporary Injunction Request for State’s Public Gathering Limits - Gov. Tony Evers - Oct 19th, 2020
- Op Ed: Demand a Joint Vos and Evers Virus Plan - John Torinus - Oct 18th, 2020
- Health Departments Plan For Mass Vaccine Distribution - Rich Kremer - Oct 18th, 2020
- WI Daily: No COVID-19 Data Release This Weekend - Jeramey Jannene - Oct 17th, 2020
- Waukesha County Exec Has COVID-19 - Erik Gunn - Oct 17th, 2020
- Religious Leaders Want Stricter COVID-19 Measures - Erik Gunn - Oct 17th, 2020
- Mask Mandate Targeted by Another Conservative Lawsuit - Shawn Johnson - Oct 16th, 2020
Read more about Coronavirus Pandemic here