President Trump Announces He Tested Positive for COVID-19
President and First Lady both test positive for disease, announce White House quarantine.
That’s according to a tweet from the President that came at 11:54 p.m. Speculation regarding Trump’s health became a hot topic after senior aide Hope Hicks was announced to have tested positive mid-day Thursday. Hicks had flown on Air Force One with the President to a rally in Minnesota the day prior.
“Tonight, [Melania] and I tested positive for COVID-19. We will begin our quarantine and recovery process immediately. We will get through this TOGETHER!,” tweeted Trump.
A statement from White House physician Sean P. Conley said both the President and First Lady are “well at this time.” Conley wrote that he expected to “continue carrying out his duties without disruption while recovering.”
Trump was scheduled to host rallies in Green Bay and Janesville on Saturday. At the time of publication, those rallies have not been officially canceled. Wisconsin has seen a surge of COVID-19 cases in the past month, with record highs of cases, hospitalizations and deaths all reported in the past 48 hours.
Tonight, @FLOTUS and I tested positive for COVID-19. We will begin our quarantine and recovery process immediately. We will get through this TOGETHER!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) October 2, 2020
- Data Wonk: Biden or Trump Better for Economy? - Bruce Thompson - Oct 28th, 2020
- Biden Up 5 Points in Final MU Poll - Laurel White - Oct 28th, 2020
- Democratic Party of Wisconsin Statement on Donald Trump Visit to Green Bay - Democratic Party of Wisconsin - Oct 28th, 2020
- Kavanaugh Opinion on State’s Election Called “Ominous” - Ruth Conniff - Oct 28th, 2020
- Make sure your absentee ballot is counted! - Common Council President Cavalier Johnson - Oct 28th, 2020
- Tuesday Was Last Day to Safely Mail Ballot - Graham Kilmer - Oct 27th, 2020
- Mayors of 5 Largest Cities Issue Voting Challenge - Corri Hess - Oct 27th, 2020
- You Can Fix Your Rejected Ballot - Nora Eckert - Oct 27th, 2020
- Democratic Party of Wisconsin Statement on Donald Trump Jr. Visit to De Pere - Democratic Party of Wisconsin - Oct 27th, 2020
- Back in the News: Trump Tells 131 Whoppers in Janesville - Bruce Murphy - Oct 27th, 2020
Read more about 2020 General Election here
- WI Daily: COVID-19 Hospitalizations Up 122% In Last Month, 1,439 Actively Hospitalized - Jeramey Jannene - Oct 28th, 2020
- Pocan: “President Trump’s Superspreader Events A Danger to Wisconsin” - U.S. Rep Mark Pocan - Oct 28th, 2020
- WI Daily: 64 Deaths, 5,262 New COVID-19 Cases - Jeramey Jannene - Oct 27th, 2020
- New City Health Order Limits Gatherings - Jeramey Jannene - Oct 26th, 2020
- The City of Milwaukee Phase 4.2 Order Update - City of Milwaukee Health Department - Oct 26th, 2020
- WI Daily: 2,883 New COVID-19 Cases, Record 1,350 People Actively Hopspitalized - Jeramey Jannene - Oct 26th, 2020
- WI Daily: 3,626 New COVID-19 Cases, Another Active Hospitalization Record High - Jeramey Jannene - Oct 25th, 2020
- WI Daily: Milwaukee County Falls to 14th Worst Outbreak, Even As Cases Accelerate - Jeramey Jannene - Oct 24th, 2020
- Appeals Court Blocks State Restaurant, Bar Rules - Shawn Johnson - Oct 24th, 2020
- Milwaukee Unemployment at 8.4% - Graham Kilmer - Oct 23rd, 2020
Read more about Coronavirus Pandemic here