Wisconsin Has More People in ICU With COVID-19 Than Canada
Canada has six times more people than our state, but a much lower rate of new cases.
Here are some stunning measures of how poorly Wisconsin is controlling the COVID-19 pandemic:
Consider Canada, which closer to Wisconsin than, say, Kansas or Idaho or Virginia or Tennessee, but is an entire country, with a population of 37.8 million people — more than six times Wisconsin’s population of 5.85 million.
I don’t see the Wisconsin-Canadian COVID-19 caseload imbalance flipping, as the Republican/far-right in Wisconsin is dumping on Gov. Tony Evers‘ mask-wearing emergency extension and already convinced the State Supreme Court, back in May, to kill his effort to extend his earlier ‘Safer-at-Home’ policy.
And unlike Trump, Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau has been wearing a mask in public or when working in close proximity to other people since May.
That’s the way a normal leader would educate the public and help reduce a pandemic’s impact, while an abnormal leader who undermines science, won’t wear a mask and gathers people together in crowded, raucous rallies, has helped push the US COVID-19 death toll past an unimaginable 200,000.
300,000 deaths by December 31 isn’t out of the question – even more if seasonal flu weakens more Americans’ immunities – so Wisconsin’s COVID-19 case load and death toll are sure to keep growing.
And the New Year will in all likelihood bring WI GOP State Senate Majority Leader Scott Fitzgerald to the Congress as a newly elected member, where he can peddle his dumb ‘masks-optional’ ”philosophy’ to fellow science-disbelieving Republicans whose minority status in the House of Representatives we hope spreads to the Senate and White House.
- More COVID-19 Cases and Hospitalizations in Milwaukee Now Than Ever Before - Graham Kilmer - Oct 22nd, 2020
- WI Daily: Record 1,230 People Actively Hospitalized With COVID-19 - Jeramey Jannene - Oct 22nd, 2020
- City Hall: City Extending Active Streets Dining Program Until March 2021 - Jeramey Jannene - Oct 22nd, 2020
- Baldwin, Colleagues Introduce COVID-19 Relief Bill to Support Small Businesses - U.S. Sen. Tammy Baldwin - Oct 22nd, 2020
- Milwaukee Could Move To More Restrictive COVID-19 Health Order - Jeramey Jannene - Oct 21st, 2020
- Alternate Care Facility Admits First Patient - Jeramey Jannene - Oct 21st, 2020
- WI Daily: DHS Reports A Record 48 Deaths - Jeramey Jannene - Oct 21st, 2020
- New Data Dashboard Displays Health Impact of COVID-19 by Race and Ethnicity - Wisconsin Department of Health Services - Oct 21st, 2020
- Gov. Evers, DHS Report Highest Single-Day COVID-19 Death Count, First Patient Admitted to Alternate Care Facility at Wisconsin State Fair Park - Gov. Tony Evers - Oct 21st, 2020
- COVID-19 Survivors Talk About Recovery - Sam Woods - Oct 21st, 2020
Read more about Coronavirus Pandemic here