Wisconsin Has More People in ICU With COVID-19 Than Canada
Canada has six times more people than our state, but a much lower rate of new cases.
Here are some stunning measures of how poorly Wisconsin is controlling the COVID-19 pandemic:
Consider Canada, which closer to Wisconsin than, say, Kansas or Idaho or Virginia or Tennessee, but is an entire country, with a population of 37.8 million people — more than six times Wisconsin’s population of 5.85 million.
I don’t see the Wisconsin-Canadian COVID-19 caseload imbalance flipping, as the Republican/far-right in Wisconsin is dumping on Gov. Tony Evers‘ mask-wearing emergency extension and already convinced the State Supreme Court, back in May, to kill his effort to extend his earlier ‘Safer-at-Home’ policy.
And unlike Trump, Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau has been wearing a mask in public or when working in close proximity to other people since May.
That’s the way a normal leader would educate the public and help reduce a pandemic’s impact, while an abnormal leader who undermines science, won’t wear a mask and gathers people together in crowded, raucous rallies, has helped push the US COVID-19 death toll past an unimaginable 200,000.
300,000 deaths by December 31 isn’t out of the question – even more if seasonal flu weakens more Americans’ immunities – so Wisconsin’s COVID-19 case load and death toll are sure to keep growing.
And the New Year will in all likelihood bring WI GOP State Senate Majority Leader Scott Fitzgerald to the Congress as a newly elected member, where he can peddle his dumb ‘masks-optional’ ”philosophy’ to fellow science-disbelieving Republicans whose minority status in the House of Representatives we hope spreads to the Senate and White House.
- MKE County: COVID-19 Cases at Historic Low - Graham Kilmer - Jun 18th, 2021
- DHS Now Tracking SARS-CoV-2 Variant of Concern B.1.617.2, the Delta Variant - Wisconsin Department of Health Services - Jun 16th, 2021
- Milwaukee Health Department to Host Second Vaccine Clinic on June 17 - City of Milwaukee Health Department - Jun 15th, 2021
- State High Court Blocks School Closures - Erik Gunn - Jun 12th, 2021
- MKE County: Child COVID-19 Vaccination Rate Rising - Graham Kilmer - Jun 11th, 2021
- City of Milwaukee Weekly COVID-19 Update - City of Milwaukee Health Department - Jun 11th, 2021
- DHS Community-Based Vaccination Clinics to Begin Ramping Down Operations - Wisconsin Department of Health Services - Jun 11th, 2021
- Gov. Evers Orders Flags to Half-Staff in Honor of Firefighter Joshua D. Fedie of the Boscobel Fire Department - Gov. Tony Evers - Jun 11th, 2021
- Milwaukee Health Department to Raffle Bucks Playoff Tickets with Vaccination - City of Milwaukee Health Department - Jun 9th, 2021
- Vaccine Tamperer Gets Three Year Sentence - Rich Kremer - Jun 8th, 2021
Read more about Coronavirus Pandemic here