A Virtual Q+A with Rep. Jonathan Brostoff
Jeramey Jannene will interview Brostoff about state issues, his participation in George Floyd protests and more. Don't miss it.
On July 23 at 5:30 p.m., Urban Milwaukee President Jeramey Jannene and State Rep. Jonathan Brostoff will virtually sit down together to chat about Brostoff’s current position in state government, and his recent and dedicated actions during the George Floyd protests, and we want our members to join in on the conversation.
Brostoff has represented the 19th District Assembly since 2014. Since then he has served on state Assembly committees focusing on family support and care, aging and long-term care, and mental health. In his free time he is also a member of the Bay View Neighborhood Association, the Historic Water Tower Neighborhood Association, Planned Parenthood and the Urban Ecology Center. And most recently, he has been an active protester and live-streamer in support of the Black Lives Matter movement.
To listen in on what Rep. Brostoff has to say about these topics and then ask some questions of your own, click here and reserve your spot.
Once your ticket is confirmed, click on the link in the confirmation notification to download your zoom link. Then on the day of the event, click the link and tune in! It’s that easy.
Not yet a member of Urban Milwaukee?
Urban Milwaukee offers the city’s only news-site membership program, with many perks such as this one. By becoming a member, not only will you help support Urban Milwaukee’s journalism, but you’ll help us continue to grow our publication, which now publishes more than 75 stories and 100 press releases per week.
This event is only one of the great perks you get by becoming an Urban Milwaukee member. Here are just a few others:
- Invitations to member-only events and online chats with a chance to meet and converse with Urban Milwaukee staff, including our periodic Beer Bashes that explore new Milwaukee breweries
- Free tickets to concerts, festivals, and other great events as they become available through our partners
- A chance to provide support that assures Urban Milwaukee can continue focusing on smart, substantive news coverage rather than clickbait
- A 10 percent discount on all merchandise at Urban Milwaukee: The Store, located at 755 N. Milwaukee St. in downtown Milwaukee when we reopen
All of this is just $9/month, or $99 per year. Signing up is easy, and you are welcome to cancel at any time. Join us today. Once you’ve become a member, you can follow this link to claim your tickets.
- Letter to Wauwatosa Mayor Dennis McBride Regarding Restoring Law and Order in the City - U.S. Rep. Jim Sensenbrenner - Aug 11th, 2020
- Protest Day 73: Bowen Says Officer Mensah Fired The Gun - Jeramey Jannene - Aug 10th, 2020
- This Weekend’s Protests Against Police Brutality, Racial Injustice - Graham Kilmer - Aug 7th, 2020
- Black Women Feel Left Out of BLM Leadership - Princess Safiya Byers - Aug 7th, 2020
- Community Trust in Police Is Broken - Corri Hess - Aug 6th, 2020
- Coalition to March on the DNC Responds to Biden’s Decision to Stay Home - Coalition to March on the DNC - Aug 5th, 2020
- MPD Defends Tear Gas Use In New Video - Jeramey Jannene - Aug 5th, 2020
- Milwaukee Police release video detailing the use of chemical agents during six civil disturbance incidents - Milwaukee Public Schools - Aug 4th, 2020
- This Weekend’s Protests Against Police Brutality - Graham Kilmer - Jul 31st, 2020
- The Idea Activists and Police Agree On - Henry Redman - Jul 30th, 2020
Read more about George Floyd Protests here