CVS Health Opens 4 New COVID-19 Testing Sites
All drive-throughs, all on south side of the city, suburbs.
On Friday, June 26, CVS Health opened four new test sites in Milwaukee expanding its coronavirus testing program.
The services are offered to both insured and uninsured patients, with no out-of-pocket costs. The locations include the following CVS Pharmacy drive-throughs:
- 3860 S. 27th St.
- 1316 W. Forest Home Ave.
- 5220 W. Rawson Ave. in Franklin
- 5740 S. Packard Ave. in Cudahy
Patients must register in advance to schedule an appointment.
They will be required to stay in their cars and will be directed to the pharmacy drive-through window or a location in the parking lot at a few stores, where they will be provided with a test kit and given instructions, according to a news release.
A CVS Pharmacy team member will observe the self-swab process to ensure it is done properly. Tests will be sent to an independent, third-party lab for processing and the results will be available in approximately three days, the release says.
This story was originally published by Milwaukee Neighborhood News Service, where you can find other stories reporting on fifteen city neighborhoods in Milwaukee.
- WEDC, Milwaukee Downtown Tout “We’re All In” Safety Campaign - Jeramey Jannene - Aug 7th, 2020
- WI Daily: One in 100 Wisconsin Residents Have Tested Positive For COVID-19 - Jeramey Jannene - Aug 7th, 2020
- Healthcare Workers Support Mask Mandate - Erik Gunn - Aug 7th, 2020
- The City of Milwaukee Phase 4.1 Order Update - City of Milwaukee Health Department - Aug 7th, 2020
- Pandemic Imperils Arts and Culture Industry - Bridgit Bowden - Aug 7th, 2020
- UW System Orders 350,000 COVID-19 Tests - Rich Kremer - Aug 7th, 2020
- Baldwin, Colleagues Continue Push for Expanded Work Share Provisions in Next Relief Package - U.S. Sen. Tammy Baldwin - Aug 7th, 2020
- WI Daily: Wisconsin On COVID-19 Testing Surge - Jeramey Jannene - Aug 6th, 2020
- Baldwin Joins Effort to Prevent Pharmaceutical Companies from Price Gouging COVID-19 Vaccines, Treatments - U.S. Sen. Tammy Baldwin - Aug 6th, 2020
- Concert Venues Seeking COVID-19 Relief - Erik Gunn - Aug 6th, 2020
Read more about Coronavirus Pandemic here