CVS Health Opens 4 New COVID-19 Testing Sites
All drive-throughs, all on south side of the city, suburbs.
On Friday, June 26, CVS Health opened four new test sites in Milwaukee expanding its coronavirus testing program.
The services are offered to both insured and uninsured patients, with no out-of-pocket costs. The locations include the following CVS Pharmacy drive-throughs:
- 3860 S. 27th St.
- 1316 W. Forest Home Ave.
- 5220 W. Rawson Ave. in Franklin
- 5740 S. Packard Ave. in Cudahy
Patients must register in advance to schedule an appointment.
They will be required to stay in their cars and will be directed to the pharmacy drive-through window or a location in the parking lot at a few stores, where they will be provided with a test kit and given instructions, according to a news release.
A CVS Pharmacy team member will observe the self-swab process to ensure it is done properly. Tests will be sent to an independent, third-party lab for processing and the results will be available in approximately three days, the release says.
This story was originally published by Milwaukee Neighborhood News Service, where you can find other stories reporting on fifteen city neighborhoods in Milwaukee.
- Unemployment Claims Continue At Unprecedented Rate - Graham Kilmer - Jul 9th, 2020
- Gov. Evers Announces Successful Roll Out of Online COVID-19 Test Registration at National Guard Testing Sites - Gov. Tony Evers - Jul 9th, 2020
- Assembly GOP Pitches Unemployment Loans - Erik Gunn - Jul 9th, 2020
- Baldwin, Colleagues Call for $32B in Transit Funding in Next COVID-19 Stimulus Package - U.S. Sen. Tammy Baldwin - Jul 9th, 2020
- Data Wonk: The War Against Masks - Bruce Thompson - Jul 8th, 2020
- WI Daily: 20 Days of Climbing COVID-19 Positive Case Rate - Jeramey Jannene - Jul 8th, 2020
- Evers Won’t Issue New Shutdown Order - Erik Gunn - Jul 8th, 2020
- City Hall: Milwaukee Mask Mandate Scaled Back - Jeramey Jannene - Jul 8th, 2020
- MKE County: Bus Passengers May Face Mask Mandate - Graham Kilmer - Jul 8th, 2020
- Pocan: “American & United Airlines are Throwing Taxpayers Under the Proverbial Airbus” - U.S. Rep Mark Pocan - Jul 8th, 2020
Read more about Coronavirus Pandemic here