Jets Will Honor State’s Pandemic Workers
Jets looping over state to honor healthcare and front line workers, flying over Milwaukee this evening.
Members of the Wisconsin Air National Guard 115th Fighter Wing will make a loop around Wisconsin in four F-16 jets Tuesday night to honor healthcare workers and frontline workers.
Starting from Truax Field in Madison, the jets will head to Kenosha before going onto Racine, Milwaukee, Sheboygan, Green Bay, Appleton, Menasha, Oshkosh, Waupaca, Wausau, Marshfield, Eau Claire, La Crosse, Tomas, Reedsburg and Baraboo.
The jets are scheduled to buzz over the Milwaukee Veterans Affairs Medical Center between 5:54 p.m. and 6:04 p.m., proceeding immediately towards the Milwaukee County Regional Medical Center. They will come from the southwest.
The guard is participating in Operation American Resolve, which has also included the Navy’s Blue Angels and Air Force’s Thunderbirds in other parts of the country.
“Thank you to all of the medical personnel, truck drivers, grocery store workers, first responders and the countless citizens who have come together to support the COVID-19 response,” said Col. Erik Peterson, 115th Fighter Wing commander. “We wish we could fly over every community impacted by this pandemic—but just know that the Wisconsin Air National Guard is proud to serve with all of you — our neighbors, friends and communities.”
According to a press release, the flyover will be executed as part of a regular training and proficiency mission. “These training missions are required for pilots to maintain currency and remain up to date on qualifications, and the accomplishment of a flyover meets training requirements for the practice of arriving at a location at a precise time,” said the 115th Fighter Wing in a statement.
A full schedule is included below.
If you think stories like this are important, become a member of Urban Milwaukee and help support real, independent journalism. Plus you get some cool added benefits, all detailed here.
- Trump Directives Fall Flat in Wisconsin - Erik Gunn - Aug 12th, 2020
- For the sake of Wisconsin’s schools, state legislators urge U.S. Senate Delegation to pass the HEROES Act - State Sen. Chris Larson - Aug 12th, 2020
- Wisconsin Department of Veterans Affairs Receives Nursing Assistance from USDVA and WI National Guard - Wisconsin Department of Veterans Affairs - Aug 11th, 2020
- WI Daily: Over 1,000 Wisconsin Residents Have Died From COVID-19 - Jeramey Jannene - Aug 11th, 2020
- DPW Responds to 1,000 Wisconsinites Dying from COVID-19 - Democratic Party of Wisconsin - Aug 11th, 2020
- Wisconsin COVID-19 Death Toll Surpasses 1,000 - Gov. Tony Evers - Aug 11th, 2020
- School Reopening Plans Get Failing Grades - Terry Falk - Aug 11th, 2020
- Universities Require COVID-19 Pledge - Rich Kremer - Aug 11th, 2020
- WI Daily: COVID-19 Hospitalizations Jump To 74-Day High - Jeramey Jannene - Aug 10th, 2020
- Wisconsinites Deserve to Know Where Our Elected Officials Stand on Donald Trump’s Executive Orders - A Better Wisconsin Together - Aug 10th, 2020
Read more about Coronavirus Pandemic here