Jets Will Honor State’s Pandemic Workers
Jets looping over state to honor healthcare and front line workers, flying over Milwaukee this evening.
Members of the Wisconsin Air National Guard 115th Fighter Wing will make a loop around Wisconsin in four F-16 jets Tuesday night to honor healthcare workers and frontline workers.
Starting from Truax Field in Madison, the jets will head to Kenosha before going onto Racine, Milwaukee, Sheboygan, Green Bay, Appleton, Menasha, Oshkosh, Waupaca, Wausau, Marshfield, Eau Claire, La Crosse, Tomas, Reedsburg and Baraboo.
The jets are scheduled to buzz over the Milwaukee Veterans Affairs Medical Center between 5:54 p.m. and 6:04 p.m., proceeding immediately towards the Milwaukee County Regional Medical Center. They will come from the southwest.
The guard is participating in Operation American Resolve, which has also included the Navy’s Blue Angels and Air Force’s Thunderbirds in other parts of the country.
“Thank you to all of the medical personnel, truck drivers, grocery store workers, first responders and the countless citizens who have come together to support the COVID-19 response,” said Col. Erik Peterson, 115th Fighter Wing commander. “We wish we could fly over every community impacted by this pandemic—but just know that the Wisconsin Air National Guard is proud to serve with all of you — our neighbors, friends and communities.”
According to a press release, the flyover will be executed as part of a regular training and proficiency mission. “These training missions are required for pilots to maintain currency and remain up to date on qualifications, and the accomplishment of a flyover meets training requirements for the practice of arriving at a location at a precise time,” said the 115th Fighter Wing in a statement.
A full schedule is included below.
If you think stories like this are important, become a member of Urban Milwaukee and help support real, independent journalism. Plus you get some cool added benefits, all detailed here.
- Are Vaccine Mandates Legal? - Elizabeth Dohms-Harter - Jul 23rd, 2021
- Governor Evers, DHS Urge COVID-19 Vaccination Ahead of 2021-2022 School Year - Wisconsin Department of Health Services - Jul 22nd, 2021
- MKE County: COVID-19 Transmission Surging Countywide - Graham Kilmer - Jul 16th, 2021
- Walk-In Vaccine Event Incentivizes Community Vaccination with High-Value Raffle Prizes, Free Meal - Near West Side Partners, Inc. - Jul 16th, 2021
- COVID-19 Rising, Delta Variant Blamed - Graham Kilmer - Jul 13th, 2021
- State’s COVID-19 Cases Climbing Again - Erik Gunn - Jul 13th, 2021
- State Officials Target COVID-19 Delta Variant - Shamane Mills - Jul 10th, 2021
- Get Vaccinated, Get a Shot at Free NBA Finals Tickets - Jeramey Jannene - Jul 9th, 2021
- Wisconsin Supreme Court Declares Racine School Closure Order Invalid - Wisconsin Institute for Law & Liberty - Jul 2nd, 2021
- MKE County: COVID-19 Remains Low in Milwaukee - Graham Kilmer - Jul 1st, 2021
Read more about Coronavirus Pandemic here