Southside Walgreens Offers Drive-Thru COVID-19 Testing
Appointment-only, free testing being offered at 6th and Oklahoma.
Walgreens is launching a new, drive-thru COVID-19 testing service Friday.
Those desiring to be tested must first use the store’s online assessment survey to determine eligibility and schedule an appointment.
A pharmacy employee will provide the individual being tested with a nasal swab and directions on how to collect the specimen upon arrival. Individuals do not have to leave their vehicles.
Testing is free for individuals that meet Centers for Disease Control and Prevention guidelines.
Wisconsin is one of 13 states where Walgreens is offering the drive-up service. The company is also offering the service in Alabama, Arizona, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, North Carolina, Oregon, Tennessee and Texas.
Other drive-thru testing sites have been established in Milwaukee, such as the launch earlier this week of Wisconsin National Guard-supported drive-thru testing at community health centers across the city. Ascension St. Joseph Hospital opened a mobile testing center in March. Both options also allow for indoor testing for those without motor vehicles.
All of the testing providers require an appointment.
If you think stories like this are important, become a member of Urban Milwaukee and help support real, independent journalism. Plus you get some cool added benefits, all detailed here.
- Senator Baldwin and Representatives Moore, Kind, and Pocan Call on President Trump to Extend Full Federal Funding for Wisconsin National Guard to Fight COVID-19 Pandemic - U.S. Sen. Tammy Baldwin - Aug 14th, 2020
- Are COVID-19 Deaths Higher Than We Think? - Erik Gunn - Aug 14th, 2020
- Milwaukee County Currently Suppressing COVID-19 - Graham Kilmer - Aug 13th, 2020
- Unemployment Claims Below 1 Million Last Week - Graham Kilmer - Aug 13th, 2020
- Transportation: Bus Capacity Increasing to 15 - Graham Kilmer - Aug 13th, 2020
- UWM Professor Studying How To Improve Pandemic Communication - Jeramey Jannene - Aug 13th, 2020
- WI Daily: COVID-19 Testing Hits Month Low - Jeramey Jannene - Aug 13th, 2020
- Gov. Evers Announces Launch of COVID-19 Response and Recovery Investment Dashboard - Gov. Tony Evers - Aug 13th, 2020
- Pandemic Aid Programs Are Failing Us - Princess Safiya Byers - Aug 13th, 2020
- Baldwin Rebukes Trump Admin Over Testing Shortages - Erik Gunn - Aug 13th, 2020
Read more about Coronavirus Pandemic here