Mayor Tom Barrett Exposed to COVID-19, In Self-Quarantine
Barrett will continue to work from home for the next 14 days.
There’s going to be an empty office at Milwaukee City Hall for the next two weeks.
Barrett will continue to work from his Washington Heights home.
“I have consulted with public health officials and they have recommended 14 days of self-quarantine and therefore that’s what I will be doing,” said Barrett in a statement. “I am following best practices by self-isolating. In an effort to maintain social distancing the last several days, I have been continuing my duties and responsibilities by teleconference and videoconference and I expect to do the same during this time of self-quarantine.”
Barrett appeared via video on a call with the media Thursday afternoon as part of a daily Milwaukee County Office of Emergency Management update and, based on the background, appeared to be at home.
He’s the second Milwaukee elected official to enter self-quarantine after exposure. State Representative Jonathan Brostoff entered quarantine after learning from the Department of Health Services that he had come in contact with someone who had been exposed.
Barrett, who is running for re-election, is 66 years old.
If you think stories like this are important, become a member of Urban Milwaukee and help support real, independent journalism. Plus you get some cool added benefits, all detailed here.
- WI Daily: Wisconsin Reports Biggest One-Day COVID-19 Case Increase - Jeramey Jannene - Jul 4th, 2020
- Beware of Contact Tracing Scams - Bridgit Bowden - Jul 4th, 2020
- WI Daily: COVID-19 Spread Keeps Accelerating in Wisconsin - Jeramey Jannene - Jul 3rd, 2020
- Milwaukee Moves Backward In Fight Against COVID-19 - Jeramey Jannene - Jul 3rd, 2020
- State Unemployment Insurance System Failing Many - Bram Sable-Smith - Jul 3rd, 2020
- Racial Disparities Found in Safer-At-Home Arrests - Edgar Mendez - Jul 3rd, 2020
- Johnson Discusses Small Business Recovery at Axios Virtual Event - U.S. Sen. Ron Johnson - Jul 3rd, 2020
- The City of Milwaukee Phase 4 Assessment Update - City of Milwaukee Health Department - Jul 3rd, 2020
- WI Daily: 14-Day Positive Case Rate Continues Upward Climb - Jeramey Jannene - Jul 2nd, 2020
- City Hall: What Should Or Shouldn’t Be in Milwaukee Mask Mandate? - Jeramey Jannene - Jul 2nd, 2020
Read more about Coronavirus Pandemic here