Mayor Tom Barrett Exposed to COVID-19, In Self-Quarantine
Barrett will continue to work from home for the next 14 days.
There’s going to be an empty office at Milwaukee City Hall for the next two weeks.
Barrett will continue to work from his Washington Heights home.
“I have consulted with public health officials and they have recommended 14 days of self-quarantine and therefore that’s what I will be doing,” said Barrett in a statement. “I am following best practices by self-isolating. In an effort to maintain social distancing the last several days, I have been continuing my duties and responsibilities by teleconference and videoconference and I expect to do the same during this time of self-quarantine.”
Barrett appeared via video on a call with the media Thursday afternoon as part of a daily Milwaukee County Office of Emergency Management update and, based on the background, appeared to be at home.
He’s the second Milwaukee elected official to enter self-quarantine after exposure. State Representative Jonathan Brostoff entered quarantine after learning from the Department of Health Services that he had come in contact with someone who had been exposed.
Barrett, who is running for re-election, is 66 years old.
If you think stories like this are important, become a member of Urban Milwaukee and help support real, independent journalism. Plus you get some cool added benefits, all detailed here.
- MKE County: COVID-19 Metrics Show Disease Surging Countywide - Graham Kilmer - Jul 30th, 2021
- City Hall: Six Council Members Want Tougher Pandemic Rules - Jeramey Jannene - Jul 27th, 2021
- Officials Urge a Return to Mask Wearing - Graham Kilmer - Jul 27th, 2021
- MKE County: Plan Offers Vaccine Incentive for Jail, HOC - Graham Kilmer - Jul 26th, 2021
- UW System To Offer Scholarships For Vaccinated Students - Rich Kremer - Jul 26th, 2021
- Will Bucks Celebrations Hike COVID-19 Cases? - Corri Hess - Jul 25th, 2021
- MKE County: City COVID-19 Transmission Higher Than Suburbs - Graham Kilmer - Jul 23rd, 2021
- City of Milwaukee Weekly COVID-19 Update - City of Milwaukee Health Department - Jul 23rd, 2021
- Milwaukee Health Department Hosts 20th Annual Back-to-School Health Fairs - City of Milwaukee Health Department - Jul 23rd, 2021
- Are Vaccine Mandates Legal? - Elizabeth Dohms-Harter - Jul 23rd, 2021
Read more about Coronavirus Pandemic here