47 Cases of COVID-19 in Wisconsin
One had recovered and 504 negative tests. Cases and testing resources continue to grow.
There are 46 active cases of COVID-19 in Wisconsin according to the latest figures from the Wisconsin Department of Health Services. Milwaukee County has had 13 positive cases.
A total of 504 negative tests have been administered and one individual has recovered according to figures provided on a conference call with Governor Tony Evers and Department of Health Services Secretary-designee Andrea Palm.
The state’s ability to process test kits is increasing. A state-run lab in Madison can now process 400 specimens per day, said Dr. Ryan Westergaard, Chief Medical Officer of the Bureau of Communicable Diseases.
Mayor Tom Barrett reported a city-run lab, the only other public testing lab in the state, could process up to 30 tests a day as of March 11th. Monday evening, the Milwaukee Health Department responded to a request for more information that the city’s testing capacity is now 100 specimens per day.
Private hospitals are increasing their capacity as well said Westergaard. Palm said drive-thru testing was being explored.
Westergaard estimates that the public and private testing capacity could be as high as 800 tests per day at this point. “It’s difficult to get a precise number,” said Westergaard. He said more labs continue to come online and increase their capacity.
“There is no need to test people that are not having symptoms,” said Westergaard. He said individuals experiencing common cold symptoms that don’t work in health also likely don’t need to be tested. All individuals experiencing any level of sickness are asked to stay home.
Wisconsin COVID-19 Test Results
|Test Results||Number of People|
Number of Positive Results by County
|Wisconsin County||Total Cases|
|Fond du Lac||11|
If you think stories like this are important, become a member of Urban Milwaukee and help support real, independent journalism. Plus you get some cool added benefits, all detailed here.
- Why Are Bars Still Open? - Graham Kilmer - Jul 14th, 2020
- City Hall: Don’t Call 911 On City Mask Mandate - Jeramey Jannene - Jul 14th, 2020
- Johnson Opposes More Economic Stimulus Funding - Rob Mentzer - Jul 14th, 2020
- MATC to Stream Virtual Commencement Beginning July 24; Ceremony to Air on Milwaukee PBS Aug. 1-2 - Milwaukee Area Technical College - Jul 14th, 2020
- WI Daily: New High, 964 New COVID-19 Cases - Jeramey Jannene - Jul 14th, 2020
- AG Kaul & Multistate Coalition Urging the U.S. Senate to Increase Childcare Funding in Next Federal Stimulus Package - Josh Kaul - Jul 14th, 2020
- Back in the News: Wisconsin Behind on COVID-19 Testing - Bruce Murphy - Jul 14th, 2020
- Milwaukee Public Schools Releases School Reopening Recommendation - Milwaukee Public Schools - Jul 13th, 2020
- WI Daily: COVID-19 Early Indicators Are “Very Troubling” - Jeramey Jannene - Jul 13th, 2020
- Common Council unanimous in approving citywide masking policy - Ald. JoCasta Zamarripa - Jul 13th, 2020
Read more about Coronavirus Pandemic here