Free Tickets to Evening with John Gurda
Urban Milwaukee members can claim tickets worth $80 for historic preservation speech.
We are out of tickets to this event
What’s the status of Milwaukee’s architectural heritage? What’s at risk? What’s been lost? Join the Bay View Community Center for An Evening with Milwaukee Writer and Historian John Gurda on Wednesday, July 10. John will chronicle victories and losses in the movement to save and celebrate the city’s unique historic heritage.
The event is in a unique Bay View warehouse space that demonstrates creative re-purposing of historic gems. It will feature food, drinks, music by Danny Kerns, and a silent auction. All proceeds benefit the services of Bay View Community Center. The event starts at 6:30 p.m. with Gurda speaking at 7:30 p.m. followed by brief Q&A discussion and more socializing with other community-oriented folks until 9 p.m.
This will be a very special night, and we want our Urban Milwaukee members to attend for free. Not a member yet? If you sign-up today, you will receive two tickets to this event – worth $80 – while supplies last. Once you join our membership program, you can follow this link to reserve up to two tickets to this event.
Alongside free admission to this unique event, your Urban Milwaukee membership will get you many other perks, including:
- Free tickets to concerts, festivals, and other events as they become available through our partners
- Invitations to member-only events and online chats with a chance to meet and converse with Urban Milwaukee staff, including our periodic Beer Bashes that explore new Milwaukee breweries
- A better, faster photo browser on the website
- Access to advertising-free daily and weekly emails
- A website free of banner ads that provides faster page loads and a unique, editorial-only experience
- A chance to provide support that assures Urban Milwaukee can continue focusing on smart, substantive news coverage rather than clickbait
- A 10-percent discount on all merchandise at Urban Milwaukee: The Store, located at 755 N. Milwaukee St. in downtown Milwaukee.
- Ability to comment on stories
And for all of those perks, the price of a membership is just $9/month or $99 a year. But during this exclusive deal, you will receive free admission for two to An Evening with John Gurda, valued at $80. The free tickets are nearly worth the price of membership for an entire year. Signing-up is easy, and you are welcome to cancel anytime.
So, become a member today and get your tickets to An Evening with John Gurda at the Bay View Community Center, while supplies last. And if you are a current member, you are welcome to claim a pair of tickets as part of your membership, while supplies last.
Tickets are also available for purchase here or by calling the Bay View Community Center at 414-482-1000. Buy tickets in advance as seating is limited. Bring a group of four and save! Early bird special price still available.
The event will take place at 2414 S. Graham St. in the historic building known as the Magnet Factory. The venue is just off Smith St., nestled between Lazy Susan MKE and Cafe Corazon. For more information, visit the Bay View Community Center website.