Marquette Madness Membership Special
Become a member for just $5/month to celebrate MU's seeding in the NCAA tourney.
St. Patrick’s Day couldn’t have come at a better time, as luck has come again for the Marquette Golden Eagles. What began as a promising beginning, the best season in years for the team has hit a rough patch, with five losses in their last six games. But it’s now a new season, for 68 teams battling for the NCAA championship, and Marquette has secured a five seed, not as high as once hoped, but its best since 2013. And we here at Urban Milwaukee want to show some hometown pride in the team. Marquette Madness anyone? Join us, as we are offering our monthly memberships at just $5 per month for an entire year.
You may have heard of our membership program, but haven’t known if it’s the right deal for you. We think free tickets to a variety of events, gift card giveaways and a faster, cleaner website could be a great deal for many readers, and so many agree, as they have joined up. But we’ve yet to offer a basketball-themed deal. Until now.
This discounted membership, 45 percent lower than the base price, will make you a member in good standing. You’ll become a Milwaukee insider, with invitations to a variety of members-only events and free food and drink opportunities. And all for just $5/month for an entire year. That breaks down to just $0.16 per day.
Still unsure? Here’s a full list of what’s included with becoming a member:
- Free tickets to concerts, festivals, and other events as they become available through our partners
- Invitations to member-only events and online chats with a chance to meet and converse with Urban Milwaukee staff, including our periodic Beer Bashes that explore new Milwaukee breweries
- A better, faster photo browser on the website
- Access to an advertising-free daily or weekly emails
- A website free of banner ads that provides faster page loads and a unique, editorial-only experience
- A chance to provide support that assures Urban Milwaukee can continue focusing on smart, substantive news coverage rather than clickbait
- A 10 percent discount on all merchandise at Urban Milwaukee: The Store, located at 755 N. Milwaukee St., Milwaukee, WI.
- Ability to comment on stories
The price of all of this is just $9/month or $99/year, but for a limited time only, you can claim our Marquette Madness special and sign up for just $5 per month for an entire year. Signing up is easy, and you are welcome to cancel at any point. Use the code MARQUETTEMADNESS2019 to get your discounted membership.
Not sure if you want to take advantage of this deal today? You have some time to think about it, as this discount is available until Marquette is knocked out of the tournament. But if the Golden Eagles lose — and we hope they never do — the offer expires.
By the way, your membership fee will also help us grow our editorial coverage. We now publish more than 50 stories and 100 press releases per week, attracting 175,000 regular readers and generating well over half of a million page views per month. But to continue growing, we need your support.
We are committed to building a fiercely independent, powerful publication that champions Milwaukee and smart urban solutions for this city, as well as highlighting the best food and entertainment the area has to offer. If you think that’s important or you simply like being a reader in the know, we hope you will consider becoming a member.
Once enrolled, you’re welcome to claim our event offers happening this month, including securing your spot in our Guardian Fine Art Services tour, or having a free run during the Milwaukee Marathon 5k.
Happy Selection Sunday, and don’t forget, this deal is only good while Marquette remains in the tournament.
Join today, and cheers to the Marquette Golden Eagles.