Free Tickets for Step Afrika! Spectacle
Get tickets worth $80 for a leading African American dance company on March 22nd.
We have run out of tickets to Step Afrika!
Step Afrika! is coming to the Marcus Center next week on March 22nd for a performance that is much more than just dance. The company integrates songs, storytelling, humor, percussive dancing and audience participation to create a spectacle unlike any other. The blend of technique, agility, and pure energy makes each performance unique and pulse pounding. Founded in 1994, Step Afrika! was the first professional company dedicated to the tradition of African step dancing and it has reached tens of thousands of Americans each year, as well as performing globally as a cultural ambassador.
Want to catch this amazing show? Well, you can attend, on us, by becoming an Urban Milwaukee member.
Urban Milwaukee is home to the city’s only news-site membership program, which acts as a backstage pass to the city. Being a member is like being a Milwaukee insider; you’re the first to get deals on tickets and invitations to cool, members-only events. And if you sign-up today, you will receive two free tickets to Marcus Center’s “Step Afrika!” performance on March 22nd at 8 p.m., while supplies last.
There’s even more included when you become a member, including:
- Free tickets to concerts, festivals, and other events as they become available through our partners
- Invitations to member-only events and online chats with a chance to meet and converse with Urban Milwaukee staff, including our periodic Beer Bashes that explore new Milwaukee breweries
- A better, faster photo browser on the website
- Access to an advertising-free daily or weekly emails
- A website free of banner ads that provides faster page loads and a unique, editorial-only experience
- A chance to provide support that assures Urban Milwaukee can continue focusing on smart, substantive news coverage rather than clickbait
- A 10 percent discount on all merchandise at Urban Milwaukee: The Store, located at 755 N. Milwaukee St. in downtown Milwaukee.
- Ability to comment on stories
And the price for all this just $9 per month or $99 annually, but during this exclusive deal, you’ll receive free admission for two to Step Africa! at Uihlein Hall, valued at $80, while supplies last. That’s just under the price of an annual membership. Signing up is easy and can cancel at any time.
Once you become a member, you can follow this link to reserve your two tickets, while supplies last. Current Urban Milwaukee members are also eligible to claim this deal while we have tickets available.
The deals don’t stop, as we have also just added one last pair of tickets to Frankly Music’s “The Art of the Cello” on Monday, March 18th. To claim these two tickets, while supply lasts, click here.
Also! We still have some reservations available for our tour of Guardian Fine Arts Services, the city’s beautiful and unique art storage warehouse and art gallery, on March 27th. Members are able to reserve up to two spots on the tour. Click here to learn more.
Step Afrika! is supported by the Arts Midwest Touring Fund, a program of Arts Midwest that is funded by the National Endowment for the Arts, with additional contribution from Wisconsin Arts Board and the Crane Group. The show begins at 8 p.m. at Marcus Center’s Uihlein Hall, located at 929 N. Water St. For more information about the show, visit its website.