State To Review Foxconn Air, Water Permits
Evers says DNR review needed to see whether changes are necessary.
“Yes, I know they will be doing that,” Evers told reporters Tuesday. “I don’t think they’ve started that process, but clearly, that’s one area that the people of Wisconsin are concerned about is air quality.”
Evers’ comments follow a tumultuous week of news surrounding the technology giant that began with a report claiming Foxconn was backing away from its plans to build televisions in Wisconsin and ended with the company publicly committing to build a so-called “Gen 6” fabrication facility.
“They are not concerned,” Evers said. “We need to do a very thorough overview of what that proposal was and how it was responded to before we can make any decisions, whether we’re worried about it. But I think Foxconn believes that they’ve done what was asked of them.”
Asked about Evers’ remarks, Foxconn Technology Group issued a statement saying it would protect Wisconsin’s quality of life and environment as it moved ahead with its Racine County plant.
“Foxconn is fully committed to being a responsible corporate citizen and complying with all relevant federal, state, and local rules and regulations that apply to our operations,” the statement read. “Foxconn believes that protecting the environment is a fundamental responsibility as a sustainable business and a global industry leader.”
Environmentalists have already filed a lawsuit in an effort to block the DNR’s approval of a plan to let Foxconn divert water to its manufacturing plant.
Evers: DNR Will Review Foxconn Air, Water Permits was originally published by Wisconsin Public Radio.
- State Reviewing Foxconn Jobs Report - Erik Gunn - Jul 23rd, 2020
- Foxconn Hosts Smart Manufacturing Web Conference, Launches iAI Institute - Foxconn Technology Group - Jul 10th, 2020
- Foxconn Will Make 10K Ventilators - Corri Hess - Jun 19th, 2020
- Medtronic and Foxconn Partner to Increase Ventilator Production - Foxconn Technology Group - Jun 18th, 2020
- Foxconn Audit Delayed Two Months - Erik Gunn - Jun 3rd, 2020
- Back in the News: Foxconn’s Profits Plunge By 90% - Bruce Murphy - May 19th, 2020
- Foxconn to Assemble Procedural Masks in Wisconsin for Pandemic Relief - Foxconn Technology Group - Apr 20th, 2020
- Murphy’s Law: Foxconn Squeezes Evers - Bruce Murphy - Apr 15th, 2020
- Foxconn Says It Earned Tax Credits - Corri Hess - Apr 9th, 2020
- Back in the News: Foxconn Plant Will Make Ventilators - Bruce Murphy - Apr 8th, 2020
Read more about Foxconn Facility here