State To Review Foxconn Air, Water Permits
Evers says DNR review needed to see whether changes are necessary.
“Yes, I know they will be doing that,” Evers told reporters Tuesday. “I don’t think they’ve started that process, but clearly, that’s one area that the people of Wisconsin are concerned about is air quality.”
Evers’ comments follow a tumultuous week of news surrounding the technology giant that began with a report claiming Foxconn was backing away from its plans to build televisions in Wisconsin and ended with the company publicly committing to build a so-called “Gen 6” fabrication facility.
“They are not concerned,” Evers said. “We need to do a very thorough overview of what that proposal was and how it was responded to before we can make any decisions, whether we’re worried about it. But I think Foxconn believes that they’ve done what was asked of them.”
Asked about Evers’ remarks, Foxconn Technology Group issued a statement saying it would protect Wisconsin’s quality of life and environment as it moved ahead with its Racine County plant.
“Foxconn is fully committed to being a responsible corporate citizen and complying with all relevant federal, state, and local rules and regulations that apply to our operations,” the statement read. “Foxconn believes that protecting the environment is a fundamental responsibility as a sustainable business and a global industry leader.”
Environmentalists have already filed a lawsuit in an effort to block the DNR’s approval of a plan to let Foxconn divert water to its manufacturing plant.
Evers: DNR Will Review Foxconn Air, Water Permits was originally published by Wisconsin Public Radio.
- UW-Madison Hires Former Foxconn Executive - Rich Kremer - Apr 5th, 2022
- Nelson Calls on Congressional Oversight Committees to Pursue Information on Botched Foxconn-Oshkosh Defense Postal Deal - Tom Nelson - Mar 30th, 2022
- Foxconn Rebuffed Oshkosh Defense Bid to Build Mail Trucks? - Rich Kremer - Mar 28th, 2022
- Huge Foxconn Campus Remains A Puzzle - Denise Lockwood - Mar 28th, 2022
- Mount Pleasant Seeks Company for Foxconn Site - Bridgit Bowden - Mar 24th, 2022
- Rep. Bowen Statement on Foxconn Turning Its Back on Wisconsin Yet Again - State Rep. David Bowen - Mar 17th, 2022
- Back in the News: Foxconn In Talks for Saudi Arabian Plant - Bruce Murphy - Mar 16th, 2022
- Mt Pleasant Attorney Pushed Board to Extend Term Lengths - Corri Hess - Mar 9th, 2022
- As Foxconn Fails, Mt. Pleasant Board Extends Term Lengths - Corri Hess - Mar 1st, 2022
- Food-Coloring Business Will Lease Foxconn Building - Christine Hatfield - Feb 5th, 2022
Read more about Foxconn Facility here