State To Review Foxconn Air, Water Permits
Evers says DNR review needed to see whether changes are necessary.
“Yes, I know they will be doing that,” Evers told reporters Tuesday. “I don’t think they’ve started that process, but clearly, that’s one area that the people of Wisconsin are concerned about is air quality.”
Evers’ comments follow a tumultuous week of news surrounding the technology giant that began with a report claiming Foxconn was backing away from its plans to build televisions in Wisconsin and ended with the company publicly committing to build a so-called “Gen 6” fabrication facility.
“They are not concerned,” Evers said. “We need to do a very thorough overview of what that proposal was and how it was responded to before we can make any decisions, whether we’re worried about it. But I think Foxconn believes that they’ve done what was asked of them.”
Asked about Evers’ remarks, Foxconn Technology Group issued a statement saying it would protect Wisconsin’s quality of life and environment as it moved ahead with its Racine County plant.
“Foxconn is fully committed to being a responsible corporate citizen and complying with all relevant federal, state, and local rules and regulations that apply to our operations,” the statement read. “Foxconn believes that protecting the environment is a fundamental responsibility as a sustainable business and a global industry leader.”
Environmentalists have already filed a lawsuit in an effort to block the DNR’s approval of a plan to let Foxconn divert water to its manufacturing plant.
Evers: DNR Will Review Foxconn Air, Water Permits was originally published by Wisconsin Public Radio.
- Hintz Doubts Foxconn Electric Car Project - Corri Hess - Mar 2nd, 2021
- Murphy’s Law: The Foxconn Real Estate Show - Bruce Murphy - Feb 25th, 2021
- Murphy’s Law: Local Costs for Foxconn Cut By 2% - Bruce Murphy - Feb 8th, 2021
- Foxconn Sued for Breach of Contract - Corri Hess - Feb 4th, 2021
- Vos and Wanggaard Continue to Gaslight Public on Foxconn Development - A Better Mt. Pleasant - Feb 3rd, 2021
- Murphy’s Law: Robin Vos Will Solve Foxconn Fiasco - Bruce Murphy - Feb 2nd, 2021
- Murphy’s Law: 9 Reasons a New Foxconn Contract Is Unlikely - Bruce Murphy - Dec 21st, 2020
- Audit Says Foxconn Loophole Needs a Fix - Corri Hess - Dec 9th, 2020
- Back in the News: Residents Outraged by Foxconn Fiasco - Bruce Murphy - Dec 8th, 2020
- Back in the News: Foxconn Landing Google Contract? - Bruce Murphy - Nov 23rd, 2020
Read more about Foxconn Facility here