Become a Member, Pick Your Free Tickets
Weekend Blowout: New Urban Milwaukee members get free tickets worth lots of money.
What could “Istanpitta,” “The Tempest” and the Holiday Folk Fair International all have in common? They’re all happening this weekend, and Urban Milwaukee has tickets to all three events that we want to give you. That’s right, if you’re an Urban Milwaukee member, you can pick your weekend event(s), on us. It’s first come first served, so you could grab two tickets to more than one event.
Urban Milwaukee is home to Milwaukee’s only news-site membership program, and we are offering a variety of tickets to new members. If you sign up to become a member, we’ll give you two tickets to this weekend’s event of your choice, while our supplies last.
Want to learn a little more about each event?
- Early Music Now’s “Istanpitta”: Milwaukee’s premiere of a musical journey that explores the exile of the Jewish people from Spain, and their travels to the Middle East. The program highlights the fusion of Western and Eastern influence in Spain with songs, instrumental works and stories. Two tickets are worth $58. We have run out of tickets to this event. St. Paul’s Episcopal Church – November 17th – 5:00 p.m.
- UWM Peck School of the Arts’ The Tempest: Not only is this a great matinee performance of William Shakespeare’s classic tale of shipwrecked sailors, but UWM Peck School of the Arts has banded together with Riverwest Radio. This special performance is a part of Riverwest Radio’s First Annual Fall Fundraiser. This event will be catered with food, refreshments, and a silent auction. Two tickets are worth $76. We have run out of tickets to this event. UW-Milwaukee Mainstage Theatre – November 18th – 2:00 p.m.
- Holiday Folk Fair International: For 75 years, the Holiday Folk Fair International has been Milwaukee’s premier multicultural festival exploring the world of music, food, dance and the arts. Featuring more than 50 participating ethnic groups and numerous performances daily, the fair celebrates cultures from around the world, as well as the cultural heritage of the people in southeastern Wisconsin. There is so much to experience and learn about at the fair, including a variety of food, new photographic exhibits, an Artisan corner, the Wisconsin Woodturners, and a bonsai exhibit, just to name a few. Two tickets are worth $24. Claim your tickets here. State Fair Park Expo Center – November 16th-18th – various times
By becoming a member, not only will you help support Urban Milwaukee’s journalism, but you’ll help us continue to grow our publication, which now publishes more than 40 stories and 100 press releases per week.
Not sure of what becoming a member includes? We’ve got you covered:
- Free tickets to concerts, festivals, and other events as they become available through our partners
- Invitations to member-only events and online chats with a chance to meet and converse with Urban Milwaukee staff, including our periodic Beer Bashes that explore new Milwaukee breweries
- A better, faster photo browser on the website
- Access to an advertising-free daily or weekly emails
- A website free of banner ads that provides faster page loads and a unique, editorial-only experience
- A chance to provide support that assures Urban Milwaukee can continue focusing on smart, substantive news coverage rather than clickbait
- A 10 percent discount on all merchandise at Urban Milwaukee: The Store, located at 755 N. Milwaukee St.
- Ability to comment on stories
All of this is just $9/month, or our annual membership fee of $99, and during this amazing membership giveaway, you’ll receive two free tickets to the event(s) of your choice. Act fast and you could get tickets worth the cost of an annual Urban Milwaukee membership. That’s a discount equal to the cost of being a member for one-and-a- half years. Signing up is easy, and you are welcome to cancel at any time. Once you’ve become a member, click here to select your free tickets. And if you’re already a member, you’re welcome to claim your tickets.
This exclusive deal is very limited, so act fast.
Also, don’t forget! Urban Milwaukee members get 20% off Urban Milwaukee: The Store this Friday and Saturday. More details can be found here.
To learn more about Early Music Now’s “Istanpitta,” visit http://earlymusicnow.org/this-season/istanpitta/. To learn more about Peck School of the Art’s “The Tempest,” visit https://uwm.edu/arts/event/the-tempest/2018-11-14/. To learn more about the Holiday Folk Fair International, visit http://folkfair.org/.