How Walker Cost Taxpayers $2.6 Billion
The 7 biggest financial failures by a not-so-fiscally conservative governor.
Scott Walker is a failed conservative and incompetent fiscal steward. Let’s count the ways and add up the losses.
Here are the 7 biggest financial fails by our fake fiscally-conservative Governor:
* $11 million in forfeited Federal Medicaid fraud award eligibility.
* $23 million in forfeited Federal broadband expansion funding.
* $50 million in settlement awards and equipment losses over the Amtrak train set assembly facility contract broken by Wisconsin under Walker.
* $750 million to build an extra 19 miles of Milwaukee freeway lanes which planners had recommended against, but which Walker championed.
* $810 million in Federal Amtrak Milwaukee-to-Madison rail construction funds Walker forfeited.
* $1+ billion in Federal Medicaid expansion funding Walker has refused to accept through the end of the 2017-’19 state budget.
These forfeited programs or awards would have added jobs, taxable property, public revenues and spin-off development.
Who knew we had the luxury to reject all that?