Behind-the-Scenes Tour of The North End
Free tour of the complex transforming downtown Milwaukee.
Join Urban Milwaukee and Mandel Group for a behind-the-scenes tour of The North End on June 14th at 5:30 p.m. The North End is the Mandel Group’s massive redevelopment of the former Pfister and Vogel Tannery on the edge of downtown Milwaukee.
The multi-phase project is nearing completion after over ten years of construction with the latest building recently opened this spring. Once described as “the donut hole in downtown,” the project is now home to nearly 650 apartments, a Fresh Thyme Farmers Market, urban park, riverwalk extension and a number of small businesses.
The tour will give Urban Milwaukee members an up-close look at the transformation and a chance to ask questions of the people that made it happen.
For more on The North End, see our recent profile of the project’s most recently completed building.
Urban Milwaukee Membership
Membership to Urban Milwaukee starts at $9/month or $99/year. This is not a paywall, but simply an option for readers who like the idea of becoming Urban Milwaukee insiders who get invited to special, editorial-oriented events. Or who simply want to support a valued publication.
You can easily earn back the cost of your membership in June alone. Currently, we are offering two free Summerfest tickets ($42 value), two PrideFest tickets ($26) and half-off admission to our 10th-anniversary party on June 19th.
- Free Tickets: The chance to get free tickets to concerts, festivals and other events as they become available through our partners.
- Banner Ads Banished: You get an Urban Milwaukee website free of banner ads, meaning no diversions, faster page loads, a more enjoyable reading experience.
- Improved Image Gallery: A better, faster photo browser on the website, from a publication that publishes hundreds of photos a month.
- Members-Only Events: Invitations to special events and online chats with insider info and a chance to meet and chat with Urban Milwaukee staff.
- Unique tours: Behind-the-scenes tours of new, under-construction and classic Milwaukee buildings.
- Ad-Free Email: Urban Milwaukee’s email with its handy (daily and weekly) rundown of stories also comes to you ad-free.