4 Season Harvest – Full Moon Festival
Weber’s Greenhouses located at 4215 N. Green Bay Ave. is planning a 4 Season Harvest – Full Moon Festival on Friday September 24 and Saturday September 25. We would like you to participate. This event is FREE AND OPEN TO THE PUBLIC!
Friday Night is from 6 – 11pm and will be a huge party to kick off the event featuring the Milwaukee Band the EX-CLEAVERS (New Age Punk Rock) for those of you who know them. This will cost $5, and we have tickets for early sale. BYOB. There will also be kegs from The Ale House.
Saturday will run from 10am – 6pm and will feature guest speakers including…
Tony from Lamborganics – A delightful man who is in the worm farm business. We will be giving away free samples of his castings.
Franz from Weber’s AKA The Germanator – I will discuss alternative energy for the poor urban farmer and other strategies for a more sustainable Milwaukee. I too will be giving away free samples of vegetable starts in celebration of the 4 season harvest.
Urban food production and four season harvest demonstration and resources:
- Container gardening and vermi-culture combo: grow soil and food at the same time
- Single and double coverage for extended season harvest in an unheated hoop-house (space available)
- Four season harvest seedlings available (driven by demand – submit your wish list soon)
- Seed saving and harvest preservation techniques
- Low cost container, cold frames and greenhouses available
- Soil and seeds available when “all the other places have closed”
- Bees and other pollinators
Low cost energy strategies for the urban environment:
- Milwaukee’s first bicycle powered Laundromat
- “Down and Dirty” solar hot air and solar hot water systems, “free heat on a budget”
- Bicycle power basics
- Cargo bicycles and bicycle trailers
- PV and wind systems basics
- Low cost battery storage and dump load diversion