Wisconsin NRB Meeting Jan. 26
Deadline For Remote Appearance Requests And Written Comments 11 a.m. Jan. 19
MADISON, Wis. – The Wisconsin Natural Resources Board will meet in-person for the January board meeting to consider several proposed rules, hearings, management and master plans, land items and donations.
The meeting will begin at 8:30 a.m. on Wednesday, Jan. 26, 2022, originating from Public Meeting Room G09, at the State Natural Resources Building (GEF 2), 101 South Webster Street, Madison, Wisconsin. The Board will act on items 1-4 and 7-8 as listed on the Agenda.
The deadline to register for remote public appearance requests and to submit written comments is 11 a.m. on Wednesday, Jan. 19, 2022. There will be no in-person public appearances.
During the January meeting, the Board will be considering:
- Approval of the prohibition of one nature-based outdoor activity (hunting) to protect the public safety on land to be purchased with Knowles-Nelson Stewardship funds – Groundswell Conservancy, Dane County
- Approval of the prohibition of one nature-based outdoor activity (hunting) to protect the public safety on land to be purchased with Knowles-Nelson Stewardship funds – City of Schofield, Marathon County
- Approval of the prohibition of two nature-based outdoor activities (hunting and trapping) to protect the public safety on land to be purchased with Knowles-Nelson Stewardship funds – San Damiano Friary Acquisition, City of Monona, Dane County
- Proposed rules affecting chapters NR 500 to 520 related to coal combustion residual landfills
- Proposed rules affecting chapter NR 25 related to Lake Michigan whitefish management and Great Lakes commercial harvest reporting
- Proposed rules affecting chapter NR 438 related to clarifying and updating air contaminant emissions inventory reporting requirements
- Proposed rules affecting chapter NR 102 related to processes for waterbody assessments and impaired waters listing, biological assessment thresholds, biological confirmation of phosphorus impairments, and water quality criteria for dissolved oxygen
- Proposed rules creating chapter NR 159 related to regulating firefighting foam that contains intentionally added perfluoroalkyl and polyfluoroalkyl substances (PFAS)
- Proposed rules affecting chapters NR 10 & 45 related to the 2021 Wildlife Management spring hearing rule related to hunting trapping, and target shooting
- Statement of Scope for proposed rules affecting chapters NR 5, 10, 11, 15, 17, 20, 26, 27, 45 and 51, related to Wisconsin DNR property management regulations
- Statement of Scope for Emergency Board Order WM-15-21 (E) for proposed rules affecting chapter NR 10 related to establishing the 2022 migratory bird season framework and regulations
- 2022 bear harvest quotas
- Land Acquisition of Tiffany Wildlife Area in Pepin County
In addition to being encouraged to watch the upcoming meeting, there are opportunities for the public to testify and to submit written comments about issues that come before the NRB. More information regarding public participation at Board meetings is available here.