Wisconsin NRB Meeting Dec. 14
MADISON, Wis. – The Wisconsin Natural Resources Board will meet in-person for the December board meeting to consider several proposed rulemaking documents, hearings and donations.
The meeting will begin at 8:30 a.m. on Wednesday, Dec. 14, 2022, originating from public meeting room G09, State Natural Resources Building (GEF2), 101 S. Webster Street, Madison, Wisconsin. The Board will act on items 1-4 and 7 as listed on the agenda.
The deadline to register for public appearance requests and to submit written comments is 11 a.m. on Wednesday, Dec. 7, 2022. Remote testimony from the public via Zoom may be accepted. In-person public appearances are also welcome.
During the December meeting, several items the Board will be considering include:
- Adoption of Emergency Board Order WA-17-21(E), proposed rules affecting chapters NR 500 and 520 related to disposal of material dredged from the Great Lakes.
- Adoption of Emergency Board Order DG-07-22(E), proposed rules affecting chapter NR 812 to allow for the use of new cement formulations for the construction of water wells.
- Approval of the Statement of Scope for Board Order DG-17-22, for proposed rules affecting chapter NR 140 related to setting numerical standards to minimize the concentration of polluting substances for certain Per- and Polyfluoroalkyl Substances (PFAS) in groundwater.
- Approval of the Statement of Scope for Board Order FH-13-22 and conditionally approve the public hearing notice and notice of submittal of proposed rules to the Legislative Council Rules Clearinghouse, for proposed rules affecting chapters NR 19 – 22 and 40 related to wild bait harvest regulations.
- Approval of the Statement of Scope for Emergency Board Order WM-15-22 (E) and Board WM-16-22 and conditionally approve the public hearing notice for WM-16-22 and notice of submittal of proposed rules to the Legislative Council Rules Clearinghouse, for proposed rules affecting chapter NR 10 related to establishing the 2023-2024 migratory bird season framework and regulations.
In addition to being encouraged to watch the upcoming meeting, there are opportunities for the public to testify and to submit written comments about issues that come before the NRB. More information regarding public participation at Board meetings is available here.
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources
The DNR reports nine snowmobile fatalities so far in 2023 and urges all snowmobile operators to Sled Safe and Sled Smart.