Wisconsin Natural Resources Board Virtual Meeting Sept. 23
MADISON, Wis. – Due to public health advisories, the Wisconsin Natural Resources Board (NRB) will meet virtually for the September board meeting to consider authorizing several preliminary public hearing and comment periods and informational items.
The eConference meeting will begin at 8:30 a.m. on Wednesday, Sept. 23, 2020, originating from State Natural Resources Building (GEF 2), 101 S. Webster St., Madison, Wisconsin. With restricted access to GEF 2, the public can only view the September board meeting by livestream.
The board will consider statements of scope and conditional approval of the public hearings for six rules, including:
- Proposed rules for Board Order CF-12-19 affecting chapter NR 162 related to the Clean Water Fund Loan Program
- Proposed rules for Board Order CF-13-19 affecting chapter NR 166 related to the Safe Drinking Water Loan Program
- Proposed rules for Board Order WM-11-20 affecting chapter NR12 related to revising white-tailed deer 3-year deer management unit boundaries
- Proposed rules for Board Order FH-09-20 related to the 2021 Fisheries Management Spring Hearing rule for fishing regulations on inland, outlying and boundary waters
The board will consider several approval requests, including:
- Land acquisition for the Brule River State Forest
- The department’s 2021-2023 biennial budget
The board will hear several informational items, including:
- 2020 Wisconsin Conservation Congress Spring Hearing Advisory Question Summary
- Overview of NRB’s role in rulemaking and master plans
- DNR COVID-19 update
- Update on DMAP and presentation of the 2020 Cooperator of the Year Award
The complete September board agenda is available on the DNR website here.
Board meetings are webcast live. You can watch the livestream of the September NRB board meeting online here by clicking on this month’s meeting. You may also visit the NRB agenda webpage on the DNR website and click “NRB webcasts” under the Related Links column on the right side of the page. From there, click on this month’s meeting. After each board meeting, the webcast will be available on demand.
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources
DNR Seeking Public Comments Regarding Decision