Wisconsin Natural Resources Board Virtual Meeting Jan. 27
Deadline For Remote Appearance Requests And Written Comments Jan. 20 at 11 a.m.
MADISON, Wis. – The Wisconsin Natural Resources Board will meet virtually for the January board meeting to consider several proposed emergency rules and donations.
The meeting will begin at 8:30 a.m. on Wednesday, Jan. 27, 2021, originating from Public Meeting Room G09, State Natural Resources Building (GEF 2), 101 S. Webster St., Madison, Wisconsin. The Board will act on items 1-4 and 7-8 as listed on the agenda.
Although the public will not be allowed to attend the meeting in-person due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, the January board meeting will be livestreamed here.
The deadline for remote public appearance requests and written comments is 11 a.m. on Wednesday, Jan. 20, 2021.
The Board will be considering:
- Adoption of revised rule EA-14-18 affecting chapters NR 130, 131, 132 and 182 related to nonferrous metallic mining activities (This rule was tabled at the December 2020 meeting.)
- Approval of 2021 bear harvest quotas
- Donations from Friends of Lapham Peak and Friends of Lake Wissota State Park and The Natural Resources Foundation of Wisconsin
- Approval of the prohibition of hunting and/or trapping on properties receiving Knowles-Nelson Stewardship grant assistance in the Village of Egg Harbor, Village of Sister Bay and City of Waterloo
- Authorization of a preliminary hearing and comment period for the Statement of Scope for Board Order WY-27-20 and Emergency Board Order WY-26-20(E) for proposed rules affecting chapters NR 114, 146, 520 and 524 to allow for third party administration of operator certification examinations
- Monetary donation, land acquisition, property name change and parcel re-designation for the White River State Trail and Burlington to Kansasville State Trail in Racine County
- Approval of the Statement of Scope for Emergency Board Order WM-19-20 (E) and Board Order WM-20-20, public hearing notice for WM-20-20 and notice of submittal of proposed rules to the Legislative Council Rules Clearinghouse, for proposed rules affecting chapter NR 10 related to establishing the 2021 migratory bird season framework and regulations
- Approval of a land acquisition in Buffalo County
The Board will also hear several informational items, including:
- An update on the 2020 deer seasons
- Recognition of the Rebecca Wallace Award recipient
The complete January board agenda is available on the DNR website.
You can watch the January NRB board meeting online here by clicking on this month’s meeting. You may also visit the NRB agenda webpage on the DNR website and click “NRB webcasts” under the Related Links column on the right side of the page. From there, click on this month’s meeting. After each board meeting, the webcast will be available on demand.
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources
Rebecca Wallace Memorial Award Honors Excellence In Environmental Work