Wisconsin Building Commission Approves Key Projects
"The State Building Commission approved a number of important projects today, which will positively impact Wisconsin residents."
- Reconstruction of the Willow River State Park Little Falls Dam;
- Multi-building improvements project at the Wisconsin Veterans Home at Union Grove;
- Authority to begin preliminary plans and design reports for University of Wisconsin – Milwaukee’s Northwest Quadrant Renovation project;
- Renovation of Kleinpell Fine Arts Abbott Concert Hall on the campus of University of Wisconsin – River Falls; and
- Other various maintenance and repair projects around the state.
“The State Building Commission approved a number of important projects today, which will positively impact Wisconsin residents,” said Governor Scott Walker. “I would like to thank the members of the Building Commission for taking action on these projects, which will improve facilities throughout Wisconsin.”
The Building Commission is chaired by Governor Walker and made up of the following members:
- State Senator Terry Moulton;
- State Senator Jerry Petrowski;
- State Senator Janis Ringhand;
- State Representative Rob Swearingen;
- State Representative Terry Katsma;
- State Representative Dana Wachs; and
- Citizen member Bob Brandherm.
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by Gov. Scott Walker
Governor Walker Proposes Health Care Stability Plan to Stabilize Premiums for Wisconsinites on ObamacareJan 21st, 2018 by Gov. Scott Walker
"There are hardworking people across our state who are experiencing massive health care premium increases under Obamacare, and that’s unacceptable."
Governor Walker Highlights Historic K-12 Education Investments at Wisconsin Association of School Boards’ State Education ConventionJan 19th, 2018 by Gov. Scott Walker
"We increased funding by $200 per student for every school in the state this year, and we’re adding another $204 per student on top of that next year."
Wisconsin continues to lead the way forward