Wisconsin Building Commission Approves Key Projects
"The State Building Commission approved a number of important projects today, which will positively impact Wisconsin residents."
- Reconstruction of the Willow River State Park Little Falls Dam;
- Multi-building improvements project at the Wisconsin Veterans Home at Union Grove;
- Authority to begin preliminary plans and design reports for University of Wisconsin – Milwaukee’s Northwest Quadrant Renovation project;
- Renovation of Kleinpell Fine Arts Abbott Concert Hall on the campus of University of Wisconsin – River Falls; and
- Other various maintenance and repair projects around the state.
“The State Building Commission approved a number of important projects today, which will positively impact Wisconsin residents,” said Governor Scott Walker. “I would like to thank the members of the Building Commission for taking action on these projects, which will improve facilities throughout Wisconsin.”
The Building Commission is chaired by Governor Walker and made up of the following members:
- State Senator Terry Moulton;
- State Senator Jerry Petrowski;
- State Senator Janis Ringhand;
- State Representative Rob Swearingen;
- State Representative Terry Katsma;
- State Representative Dana Wachs; and
- Citizen member Bob Brandherm.
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by Gov. Scott Walker
Governor Scott Walker ordered flags to half-staff on Saturday, April 14, 2018.
Governor Walker Orders Flags to Half-Staff as a Mark of Respect for Captain Christopher Truman of the Lake Mills Fire DepartmentJan 3rd, 2019 by Gov. Scott Walker
Captain Truman died on December 31, 2018, while selflessly assisting a driver of a crashed vehicle on Highway 12 near the Yahara River Bridge in Monona, Wisconsin.
Governor Scott Walker today appointed Attorney Scott J. Nordstrand to serve as a judge on the St. Croix County Circuit Court and Attorney David Meany to the position of Ashland County District Attorney.