Wireless internet access at Milwaukee parks brings much needed accessibility for residents
Statement of Alderman Khalif J. Rainey April 30, 2021
Yesterday’s news that eight Milwaukee parks now have free wireless internet access for residents is a welcomed addition to our local public spaces. I’ve long been an advocate for providing Wi-Fi services in parks, and while on the County Board in 2013 I worked to pass a resolution directing the County to explore partnerships that would accomplish just that.
I would encourage residents to take advantage of the numerous free Wi-Fi offerings that now exist at these eight sites (listed below), the locations that will follow, as well as our local libraries and other public buildings.
I also look forward to working to increase Wi-Fi accessibility for all residents moving forward.
Milwaukee parks currently hosting free Wi-Fi include:
- Fondy Farmer’s Market, 2200 W. Fond Du Lac Ave.
- Reiske Park, 1640 S. 24th St.
- Galena Play Area, 3002 W. Galena St.
- Reservoir Park, 801 E. North Ave.
- Popuch Park, 8500 N. Granville Rd.
- Cawker Play Area, 2929 N. 30th St.
- Florist Play Area, 5969 N. 84th St.
- Lincoln Playfield, 300 W. Lincoln Ave.
NOTE: This press release was submitted to Urban Milwaukee and was not written by an Urban Milwaukee writer. It has not been verified for its accuracy or completeness.
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by Ald. Khalif Rainey
Statement of Alderman Khalif J. Rainey September 1, 2023