Versiti Blood Center of Wisconsin hosts June drives in Milwaukee County
Life-saving blood donations needed to help patients in our community
Milwaukee – May 17, 2019 – Together, Versiti Blood Center of Wisconsin and blood donors across the state make a life-saving impact through the gift of blood donation. Patients in need of blood tomorrow rely on the generosity of blood donors today.
Versiti Blood Center of Wisconsin is calling on the community to make a life-saving donation this June. Donations of all blood types are needed, but especially type O negative blood, which is the universal blood type given to patients in emergency situations and those undergoing surgery.
Milwaukee County blood donors can help patients in need at Versiti Blood Center of Wisconsin’s upcoming blood drives:
- Tuesday, June 11 from 2 p.m. to 7 p.m. at Mount Olive Lutheran Church, 5327 W. Washington Blvd., Milwaukee
- Wednesday, June 12 from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Chase Tower, 111 E. Wisconsin Ave., Milwaukee
- Monday, June 17 from 12:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. at Gesu Parish, 1210 W. Michigan St., Milwaukee
- Thursday, June 20 from 2 p.m. to 7 p.m. at St. Stephen Catholic Church, 1441 W. Oakwood Rd., Oak Creek
- Friday, June 21 from 7 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Aurora St. Luke’s Medical Center, 2901 Kinnickinnic River Pkwy., Milwaukee
- Wednesday, June 26 from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Zablocki VA Medical Center, 5000 W. National Ave., Milwaukee
Donors can schedule an appointment by calling 1-877-BE-A-HERO (1-877-232-4376) or visiting versiti.org/BCW.
Anyone 17 or older who is in good health and meets eligibility requirements is encouraged to donate blood. Appointments are preferred, but walk-in donors are also welcome. Parental consent is required for 16-year-olds to donate. The entire process takes about an hour. Donors should bring a photo ID that includes birth date.
About Versiti Blood Center of Wisconsin
Versiti Blood Center of Wisconsin is a not-for-profit organization headquartered in Milwaukee that specializes in blood services, esoteric diagnostic testing, organ, tissue and stem cell donation, medical services and leading-edge research. We advance patient care by delivering life-saving solutions grounded in unparalleled medical and scientific expertise. The collective efforts of Versiti affiliates result in improved patient outcomes, expanded access to care, and cost efficiencies for healthcare systems nationwide. For more information, visit versiti.org/BCW
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by Versiti Blood Center of Wisconsin
Versiti Blood Center of Wisconsin calling on donors to help as supplies drop; blood types O-negative, O-positive most needed
Grant to Fund Research on Sugar’s Impact on Blood Production and Diseases
Donors asked to help by sharing a life-saving gift