The Snow Emergency Has Been Lifted
Garbage and Recycling Collections Resume on Wednesday, February 4 Saturday Collection planned for February 7
The City of Milwaukee Department of Public Works has lifted the snow emergency and the 4-inch rule as of 12:00 noon on Tuesday, February 3, 2015. In addition, DPW has completed its overnight snow
operations in the 5-Day Parking Exception Area.
Garbage and recycling collections will resume on Wednesday, February 4. DPW crews will work 10-hour days through Saturday, February 7 to catch up on collections. REMINDER: The City of Milwaukee has a year-round set-out policy for garbage carts – residents who have curb pick-up must take their carts to the curb. For alley pick-up, residents must shovel out their carts so DPW crews can access them for uninterrupted service.
Garbage collection schedule for this week:
- Residents who were scheduled for pick-ups on Monday, February 2 and Tuesday, February 3 should take their carts to the curb on Wednesday, February 4 and leave them there until collected.
- Residents scheduled for Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday pick-up should take their carts to the
curb ONE DAY LATER than their regular schedule.
- For information on garbage and recycling schedules/pick-ups by address, please call (414) 286-
CITY or check the DPW website at www.city.milwaukee.gov/mpw.
DPW reminds Milwaukeeans that there are several things residents and property owners need to know and do following a major snow storm. They include:
- Sidewalks must be shoveled within 24 hours after the snow stops falling
- Do not shovel or blow snow from sidewalks and driveways into plowed streets
- Shovel around fire hydrants on your block
- For alley garbage & recycling pick-up, be sure to shovel out your cart(s)
- For curb pick-up, take your cart(s) to the curb
For more information, call (414) 286-CITY or visit the DPW website.
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by City of Milwaukee
Sewer contractor to appear before the Steering & Rules Committee to address racist symbols at work-siteDec 11th, 2017 by City of Milwaukee
The meeting will be at 9:30 a.m. in room 301-B at City Hall, 200 E. Wells St.
City and Potawatomi strike 12-year, $10 million streetcar presenting sponsorship agreement, includes free rides for the first 12 monthsOct 6th, 2017 by City of Milwaukee
City also announces the system name “The Hop, presented by Potawatomi Hotel & Casino”
Attendees will learn about the historic figures that built the city and its historic building.