The People’s Maps Commission application deadline is this Friday
Alderman Khalif J. Rainey is reminding residents that Friday, July 31 is the deadline to apply to serve on the People’s Maps Commission.
Governor Tony Evers’ People’s Maps Commission (PMC) is an initiative to create non-partisan redistricting by the people of Wisconsin. The PMC will be comprised of individuals from the state who are not elected officials, lobbyists, or political party officials. One person from each of Wisconsin’s eight congressional districts will be chosen to represent their communities. Over the next year, the Commission will hold hearings for every congressional district in Wisconsin, hear from experts and stakeholders to learn about the redistricting process, and draw fair maps that accurately reflect the state. At the end of the process, the PMC maps will be presented to the Legislature.
“I would like to remind residents of this important opportunity in being a part of the redistricting process,” Alderman Rainey said. “If you or someone you know would be interested in serving on the Commission, please apply before this Friday’s deadline.”
For more information about the People’s Maps Commission, go to https://govstatus.egov.com/peoplesmaps.
To apply to the People’s Maps Commission, go to https://govstatus.egov.com/peoplesmaps/apply. The application deadline is Friday, July 31, 2020.
- Federal Court Could Intervene in Wisconsin Redistricting - Henry Redman - Sep 17th, 2021
- Evers, Kaul File Redistricting Lawsuit - Henry Redman - Sep 14th, 2021
- Gov. Evers, Attorney General Kaul File Motion to Intervene in Redistricting Lawsuit - Gov. Tony Evers - Sep 13th, 2021
- Lawsuits Fight Over State Redistricting - Henry Redman - Sep 8th, 2021
- Three Counties Push Nonpartisan Redistricting - Laurel White - Sep 7th, 2021
- Op Ed: State High Court Wary of Doing Redistricting - Ruth Conniff - Sep 6th, 2021
- Competing Redistricting Lawsuits in Federal, State Courts - Henry Redman - Aug 24th, 2021
- Nonpartisan Groups and Voters File Redistricting Challenge in Federal Couort - Law Forward - Aug 23rd, 2021
- WILL Asks Wisconsin Supreme Court to Take Jurisdiction of Redistricting - Wisconsin Institute for Law & Liberty - Aug 23rd, 2021
- State Dems File First 2021 Redistricting Lawsuit - Laurel White - Aug 13th, 2021
Read more about Gerrymandering of Legislative Districts here
Recent Press Releases by Ald. Khalif Rainey
Statement of Alderman Khalif J. Rainey August 30, 2021
Statement of Alderman Khalif J. Rainey