The People’s Maps Commission application deadline is this Friday
Alderman Khalif J. Rainey is reminding residents that Friday, July 31 is the deadline to apply to serve on the People’s Maps Commission.
Governor Tony Evers’ People’s Maps Commission (PMC) is an initiative to create non-partisan redistricting by the people of Wisconsin. The PMC will be comprised of individuals from the state who are not elected officials, lobbyists, or political party officials. One person from each of Wisconsin’s eight congressional districts will be chosen to represent their communities. Over the next year, the Commission will hold hearings for every congressional district in Wisconsin, hear from experts and stakeholders to learn about the redistricting process, and draw fair maps that accurately reflect the state. At the end of the process, the PMC maps will be presented to the Legislature.
“I would like to remind residents of this important opportunity in being a part of the redistricting process,” Alderman Rainey said. “If you or someone you know would be interested in serving on the Commission, please apply before this Friday’s deadline.”
For more information about the People’s Maps Commission, go to https://govstatus.egov.com/peoplesmaps.
To apply to the People’s Maps Commission, go to https://govstatus.egov.com/peoplesmaps/apply. The application deadline is Friday, July 31, 2020.
- Film Details Disenfranchisement in Wisconsin - Erik Gunn - Sep 24th, 2020
- Can Wisconsin Create Fair District Maps? - Melanie Conklin - Sep 11th, 2020
- Fair Elections Project Applauds Judicial Panel’s Selections for the People’s Maps Commission - Wisconsin Fair Elections Project - Sep 11th, 2020
- Gov. Evers Announces Judicial Panel’s Selections for the People’s Maps Commission - Gov. Tony Evers - Sep 10th, 2020
- 11 Wisconsin Counties Have a Redistricting Referendum on Nov. 3 Ballot - Wisconsin Fair Maps Coalition - Sep 9th, 2020
- The State of Politics: Half Of Legislative Seats Already Decided? - Steven Walters - Aug 24th, 2020
- Gerrymandering a Threat to Our Democracy - Tom Palzewicz - Aug 6th, 2020
- Gerrymandering Creates Difficult Road for Dems in Wisconsin - Tom Palzewicz - Aug 4th, 2020
- The People’s Maps Commission application deadline is this Friday - Ald. Khalif Rainey - Jul 29th, 2020
- Op Ed: Why Vos and Fitzgerald Fear Fair Maps - Jay Heck - Jul 23rd, 2020
Read more about Gerrymandering of Legislative Districts here
Recent Press Releases by Ald. Khalif Rainey
Statement from Alderman Khalif J. Rainey September 22, 2020
Statement from Alderman Khalif J. Rainey September 21, 2020