The League of Women Voters of Wisconsin Celebrates Record High Voter Turnout in Wisconsin
[MADISON, Wis.] – After months of comprehensive voter education and outreach efforts across Wisconsin, the League of Women Voters of Wisconsin (LWVWI) celebrates a record high voter turnout in the recent presidential election.
“Despite the challenges the pandemic posed, Wisconsin voters were committed to making their voices heard in this election” said Debra Cronmiller, LWVWI executive director. “This could not have been possible without the hard work of clerks, election officials, local Leagues across Wisconsin, and our partners in the Wisconsin Voting Rights Coalition and the Disability Vote Coalition.”
LWVWI, along with our Election Protection partners in the Wisconsin Voting Rights Coalition, trained and received reports from 134 nonpartisan election observers at polling places and central count facilities across Wisconsin. In total, LWVWI and the coalition partners were able to observe elections in more than 200 municipalities.
“The League has had its nonpartisan election observer program since 2010, and our observers play a critical role as our eyes and ears on Election Day,” said Eileen Newcomer, LWVWI voter education manager. “With our Election Protection partners, we are proud to have been able to observe the 2020 General Election at this scale, and ensure its integrity, especially with the record high number of absentee ballots.”
For the first time, the League will also observe the post-election voting equipment audits in Wisconsin to ensure the accuracy of ballot tabulators. Those interested in volunteering as an observer can sign-up here.
- Tempers Flare, Monty Python Crack Offered at Recount - Jeramey Jannene - Nov 25th, 2020
- Recount an Insult to Minority Voters? - Isiah Holmes - Nov 25th, 2020
- Trump Allies Sue To Throw Out Wisconsin Election - Jeramey Jannene - Nov 24th, 2020
- Early Recount Has Small Gain for Trump - Jeramey Jannene - Nov 24th, 2020
- Op Ed: Republican Slams Party for State Recount - James Wigderson - Nov 24th, 2020
- City Finds 386 Sealed Ballots In a Box - Jeramey Jannene - Nov 24th, 2020
- Trump Campaign Objects to Over 160,000 County Ballots - Jeramey Jannene - Nov 23rd, 2020
- Recount Releases First Results - Jeramey Jannene - Nov 23rd, 2020
- ‘MAGA’ Rally in Wauwatosa Gathers Hundreds - Ethan Duran - Nov 23rd, 2020
- Day Three of Recount Brings Increasing Speed - Jeramey Jannene - Nov 22nd, 2020
Read more about 2020 General Election here