Summer Soulstice Music Festival Event Alert – Saturday, June 23
Saturday, June 23, the East Side celebrates the longest day of the year and the best of Milwaukee
Milwaukee, WI – The East Side Business Improvement District is on the final climb toward the 18th annual Summer Soulstice Music Festival, Saturday, June 23, 2018 from noon to midnight. Summer Soulstice, presented by Miller Lite, is Milwaukee’s hyper-local neighborhood music festival is a celebration of the music, art, and activities that make Milwaukee awesome, officially kicking off the summer festival season.
Three Stages of Free Music:
- East Stage, sponsored by Educators Credit Union, 88.9 Radio Milwaukee, OnMilwaukee.com
- West Stage, sponsored by Milwaukee Film, FM 102.1, Milwaukee Record
- Murray Stage, sponsored by Marcus Center for the Performing Arts, WMSE, Urban Milwaukee
Family-Friendly Activities and Entertainment:
- Kids art area, sponsored by Black Cat Alley and Blick Art Supplies. Take home art hand-drawn by Black Cat artist and illustrator Tim Decker, with supplies to make the art their own. Face painting as well. 12-3pm
- Live mural art painting, sponsored by Black Cat Alley and Blick Art Supplies. Four prominent Milwaukee artists painting large 4×8 mural panels, which will be hung in Black Cat Alley this summer. 12-6pm
- New mural installation in Black Cat Alley. Milwaukee artist Emma Daisy Gertel is installing her new mural in Black Cat Alley, on the north-facing wall of the Oriental which previously held Devontay. 12-4pm
- BMX Stunt Bikes, sponsored by Ian’s Pizza and David Gruber. Three shows of racing, ramps, stunts, and tricks. 12-3pm
- Roll Train roller skate dance troupe, sponsored by Ian’s Pizza and David Gruber. A uniquely Milwaukee treat of roller skate dancing. 12-3pm
- Adventure Rock climbing wall, sponsored by Adventure Rock. Test your strength and climb to the top of Milwaukee. 12-6pm
- Urban 108 Sun Salutations, sponsored by Urban Om. Kick off the longest day of the year with 108 Sun Salutations with Urban Om at the Water Tower Fountain Park. 10am
- Mini-golf hole, sponsored by Nine Below. Don’t want to miss our on your Saturday golf date? Mini-golf on North Avenue. 12pm-midnight
- Create-your-own art and wood signs, sponsored by Splash Studio. Choose from pre-styled items or create your own. 12pm-midnight
- Outdoor games. Enjoy cornhole and other fun games along Farwell near Landmark Lanes. 12-9pm
- DELICIOUS food from the East Side and beyond. 12-midnight
- Unique retail from Milwaukee makers and more. 12-midnight
Summer Soulstice Music Festival could not happen without the support of our neighborhood and community partners. The East Side BID is incredibly grateful to our event sponsors: Miller Lite, Educator’s Credit Union, Milwaukee Film, Marcus Center for the Performing Arts, Gruber Law Offices, US Bank, Vitucci’s, Hooligan’s, Von Trier, Baccanera, Ian’s Pizza, Nine Below, Izzy Hops, Divino, Kawa Ramen & Sushi, and Landmark Lanes; as well as our media sponsors: 88.9 Radio Milwaukee, OnMilwaukee.com, FM 102.1, Milwaukee Record, WMSE, Urban Milwaukee, Energy 106.9, and *INFO Magazine.
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by East Side BID
This 20s/30s style night-out “honors” the passing of the 18th amendment 100 years ago and is inspired by Milwaukee’s own prohibition history.
The event will be free to enter, and only those over 21 will be allowed in.
Kids can create their own chalk masterpieces among the world-class street art on the muraled walls between East Kenilworth Place and East Ivanhoe Place on Milwaukee’s East Side.