Statement on Recent Events
Alderman Scott Spiker January 7, 2021
The peaceful transfer of power is the cornerstone of our democracy. Without it, precious little separates us from regimes where that transfer is determined not at the ballot box, but on the battlefield.
Mob violence in any form cannot be tolerated anywhere. Those who provoke it and their enablers must be held to account for their actions. History will not judge them kindly, and neither should we.
- Authorities Monitoring State Capitol - WPR Staff - Jan 17th, 2021
- Statement Relating to 2018 Contribution to Republican Attorneys General Association (RAGA) - Wisconsin REALTORS® Association - Jan 17th, 2021
- Op Ed: Scott Fitzgerald Has Very Bad Week - James Rowen - Jan 17th, 2021
- Uihleins Gave $4 Million to Group Pushing Capitol Rally - Melanie Conklin - Jan 16th, 2021
- Campaign Cash: State Businesses Supported Group Pushing Capitol Rally - Wisconsin Democracy Campaign - Jan 14th, 2021
- GOP State Legislators Asked Pence Not Certify Election - Melanie Conklin - Jan 14th, 2021
- Wisconsin Delegation Votes Party Line on Impeachment - Rob Mentzer - Jan 14th, 2021
- Rep. Hintz: Condemns Republican Legislators’ Lies and Dangerous Rhetoric - State Rep. Gordon Hintz - Jan 14th, 2021
- Steil Votes Against Impeachment - U.S. Rep Bryan Steil - Jan 13th, 2021
- Wisconsin National Guard Troops Mobilizing to Nation’s Capital to Support Inauguration Security Efforts - Gov. Tony Evers - Jan 13th, 2021
Read more about Chaos at the Capitol here