Sens. Baldwin and Johnson: Outside Groups Attempting to Exploit Tragedy in Waukesha Must Cease and Desist; Respect Local Authorities
It has come to our attention that outside individuals or groups may attempt to exploit the tragedy that occurred last Sunday in Waukesha for their own political purposes. As the U.S. Senators representing Wisconsin, one from each political party, we are asking anyone considering such action to cease and desist.
We have full confidence in the local officials who responded with extraordinary professionalism, competence, integreity and compassion. They have many difficult duties to perform in the coming days, weeks, and months, and they should be afforded the respect and support they deserve to undertake their responsibilities without outside interference.
Their top priority is to begin the healing process within Waueksha by providn comfort and support to surviving familiy members of the deceased, and those injured both in body and spirit. They must also conduct a thorough investigation and afford the accused full due process. These will not be easy tasks, and will be made even more difficult if conducted within a politically charged atmosphere.
We ask everyone to demonstrate their interest and concern by praying for the victims, their families, and the entire community of Waukesha. The Waukesha Community Foundation and United Way of Greater Milwaukee & Waukehsa County have also established the “United for Waukesha Community Fund” for those who wish to provide financial support for the victims.
- WisGOP Statement on Tony Evers’ Refusal to Fire John Chisholm - Republican Party of Wisconsin - Jan 11th, 2022
- Legislators Withhold Chisholm’s Pay Raise - Isiah Holmes - Dec 22nd, 2021
- Group Pushes Evers to Oust John Chisholm - Corri Hess - Dec 21st, 2021
- WisGOP Statement on John Chisholm Complaint - Republican Party of Wisconsin - Dec 20th, 2021
- Former Milwaukee Brewers All-Star to Attend United For Waukesha Charity Event at 3rd Street Market Hall - 3rd Street Market Hall - Dec 8th, 2021
- Legislators Demand Evers Remove Chisholm - Hannah Haynes - Dec 7th, 2021
- Lawyers Caution Against Changing Bail System - Isiah Holmes - Dec 5th, 2021
- DA Blames ‘Human Error’ for Waukesha Parade Attack Suspect’s Bail - Corri Hess - Dec 3rd, 2021
- Rep. Fitzgerald Requests a Moment of Silence on House Floor to Honor Waukesha Christmas Parade Victims - U.S. Rep Scott Fitzgerald - Nov 30th, 2021
- Baldwin, Johnson Urge People Not to Exploit Waukesha Tragedy - Ruth Conniff - Nov 29th, 2021
Read more about Tragedy at Waukesha Christmas Parade here