Senator Taylor Continues To Bring Attention to High Levels of Lead and its Connection to Violence
The city of Milwaukee must aggressively work to reduce lead exposure in our kids if we want to move forward and improve the safety of our communities.
MILWAUKEE, WI. (October 22, 2019) — Since sounding the alarm in 2016, Senator Lena Taylor along with Fresh Water for Life Action Coalition (FLAC) have been beating the drums detailing how Milwaukee’s lead poisoning numbers are higher than Flint, MI. As of last Friday, a new study by the UWM School of Public Health released a report showing a connection between childhood lead poisoning and violence. This report comes as Democratic leaders call for a Special Session to address gun violence.
We have known all along that lead is slowly poisoning our children, and there are grave consequences with long-lasting, life-altering effects. The city of Milwaukee must aggressively work to reduce lead exposure in our kids if we want to move forward and improve the safety of our communities.
The Barrett administration has lacked a sense of urgency to save our children.
As Mayor will prioritize our most prized possessions all while building our communities.
“Fix the Damn Pipes!”
For questions, email Campaign Manager Al Williams at email@example.com
Lena Taylor for Milwaukee Mayor
- Council effort to create lead-safe program moves forward - Ald. Khalif Rainey - Jul 7th, 2020
- City Hall: Milwaukee on 70-Year Pace To Replace Lead Laterals - Jeramey Jannene - Mar 13th, 2020
- City Hall: Audit Gives Water Works High Marks - Jeramey Jannene - Mar 12th, 2020
- League of Women Voters Presents Forum on Lead Poisoning March 6 - League of Women Voters of Milwaukee County - Mar 2nd, 2020
- AG Objects to Relaxed Lead Pipe Rules - Melanie Conklin - Feb 14th, 2020
- City Hall: Former Health Director Blames Barrett - Jeramey Jannene - Dec 24th, 2019
- Statement of Bevan K. Baker - Bevan K. Baker - Dec 23rd, 2019
- Mayor Barrett Proposes $2.2 Million in Block Grant Funds for Lead Abatement - Mayor Tom Barrett - Dec 4th, 2019
- City Hall: Health Department Probe a State Matter - Jeramey Jannene - Nov 14th, 2019
- City Hall: Proposal Uses Lead Abatement Funds for Marketing - Jeramey Jannene - Nov 7th, 2019
Read more about Lead Crisis here
Recent Press Releases by State Sen. Lena Taylor