Senator Taylor Continues To Bring Attention to High Levels of Lead and its Connection to Violence
The city of Milwaukee must aggressively work to reduce lead exposure in our kids if we want to move forward and improve the safety of our communities.
MILWAUKEE, WI. (October 22, 2019) — Since sounding the alarm in 2016, Senator Lena Taylor along with Fresh Water for Life Action Coalition (FLAC) have been beating the drums detailing how Milwaukee’s lead poisoning numbers are higher than Flint, MI. As of last Friday, a new study by the UWM School of Public Health released a report showing a connection between childhood lead poisoning and violence. This report comes as Democratic leaders call for a Special Session to address gun violence.
We have known all along that lead is slowly poisoning our children, and there are grave consequences with long-lasting, life-altering effects. The city of Milwaukee must aggressively work to reduce lead exposure in our kids if we want to move forward and improve the safety of our communities.
The Barrett administration has lacked a sense of urgency to save our children.
As Mayor will prioritize our most prized possessions all while building our communities.
“Fix the Damn Pipes!”
For questions, email Campaign Manager Al Williams at firstname.lastname@example.org
Lena Taylor for Milwaukee Mayor
- Op Ed: Federal Water Infrastructure Spending Needed - Congresswoman Gwen Moore and Megan Severson - Jun 14th, 2021
- Op Ed: Lead Paint, Poisoning Still An Issue - Joanna Balza - May 7th, 2021
- Moore Hopes Biden Plan Can Replace City’s Lead Pipes - Elizabeth Dohms-Harter - Apr 17th, 2021
- Op Ed: Biden Plan Is a Lead Pipe Cinch - Dan Shafer - Apr 14th, 2021
- Urban Ideas: Fix Lead Poisoning, Not Lead Pipes - Jeramey Jannene - Apr 12th, 2021
- Evers Budget Has Green Goals - Danielle Kaeding - Feb 18th, 2021
- New Program for Lead-Poisoned Children - Matt Martinez - Dec 26th, 2020
- EPA Requires Lead Testing for Schools, Day Cares - Danielle Kaeding - Dec 22nd, 2020
- Lead Testing Down During Pandemic - Edgar Mendez - Nov 6th, 2020
- Op Ed: Lead Poisoning and a Listening Session - Carol Diggelman and Ann Batiza - Oct 27th, 2020
Read more about Lead Crisis here
Recent Press Releases by State Sen. Lena Taylor
Senator Taylor calls for Barrett to resign over confusion and mismanagement of Fire and Police CommissionDec 5th, 2019 by State Sen. Lena Taylor
Police community relations continue to deteriorate and there is a serious lack of transparency with the FPC and no real dialogue between the board, executive director and the people of Milwaukee.