Senator-Elect Agard Comments on Committee on Campaigns and Elections “Public Hearing”
Legislative Republicans Hold Sham Public Hearing on Baseless, Unsubstantiated Election Fraud Claims
MADISON – Today, the Committee on Campaigns and Elections, led by Legislative Republicans, are holding a public hearing to investigate the 2020 Election. The invite-only public hearing is meant to give anecdotal evidence behind false claims of voter fraud that stem from President Trump and his supporters.
“This public hearing is nothing but a show to appease the President, who still will not admit that he lost this election. This public hearing was invite only, which goes against the spirit of a public hearing. I am appalled that my colleagues across the aisle are continuing to play into this charade. Going after votes in Dane and Milwaukee counties is not subtle – it is textbook voter disenfranchisement.
“The fact that we are having this sham hearing while the President is in court today trying to throw out 221,000 legally cast votes in Wisconsin shows us a Republican playbook aimed at destroying people’s faith in our democratic systems. Millions of Wisconsinites cast their ballots almost 40 days ago – those votes were counted, then recounted in two counties. It is past time that Legislative Republicans join the rest of us in the present and stop creating unnecessary chaos.”
Melissa served on the Dane County Board and the Wisconsin State Assembly prior to being elected to represent the 16th Senate District. Concern for the greater community and a vision for a better Wisconsin brought her to public service and community activism. She is a proud mother of 4 boys, and lives on Madison’s northside.
- Spindell Can Vote on Whether to Investigate Himself - Henry Redman - Feb 17th, 2021
- Murphy’s Law: 10 Republicans Accused of Voter Fraud - Bruce Murphy - Feb 16th, 2021
- Fraudulent Electors Convene to Cast State’s Electoral Votes Contrary to Popular Vote and State Statutes, Law Forward Seeks Accountability - Law Forward - Feb 16th, 2021
- GOP Lawmakers Order Audit of State’s Election System - Shawn Johnson - Feb 12th, 2021
- Data Wonk: New Voters Won the 2020 Election - Bruce Thompson - Jan 20th, 2021
- GOP State Legislators Asked Pence to Not Certify Election - Melanie Conklin - Jan 14th, 2021
- Rep. Hintz: Condemns Republican Legislators’ Lies and Dangerous Rhetoric - State Rep. Gordon Hintz - Jan 14th, 2021
- Tiffany, Fitzgerald Object To Some Biden Electors - Shawn Johnson - Jan 7th, 2021
- Sen. Baldwin: “It’s Disgraceful” - Urban Milwaukee - Jan 6th, 2021
- Rep Moore Blames Trump for Today’s Chaos - Urban Milwaukee - Jan 6th, 2021
Read more about 2020 General Election here
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by State Sen. Melissa Agard
The State Senate met to take first steps to upgrade the unemployment system shortcomings after nearly a year of issues.