Senator Agard Slams GOP Leaders for Continued Investigation of 2020 Election
Senate GOP leaders authorize Elections Committee to investigate Madison election data
MADISON – Today, the Senate Republican leaders plan to authorize the Elections Committee to further expand their failed investigations following Audit Report 21-19 published by the Legislative Audit Bureau (LAB).
Senator Melissa Agard (D-Madison) released the following statement:
“The GOP leadership calling for this additional, frivolous investigation are wildly out of step with the people of Wisconsin. And even within their caucus. The Republican Co-Chair of the Joint Legislative Audit Committee agreed that last week’s audit report proved that Wisconsin’s election was safe and secure. It’s time to move on.
“The City of Madison complied with the LAB audit and followed federal Department of Justice guidelines in order to keep voting records confidential and secure. Our clerks in Dane County have conducted themselves with the utmost professionalism and integrity through the election, official canvass, a recount, and an LAB audit. Despite the conspiracy theories Republicans choose to sew, fraud will not be found where it doesn’t exist.
“It is clear that the GOP is not interested in the rule of law but rather intent on stirring the partisan pot. It is past time that the legislature finally put this charade to rest and actually started doing the work that the people of Wisconsin are asking us to do.”
- Wisconsin’s top election official to go “On the Issues,” Dec. 3 - Marquette University - Dec 1st, 2021
- Gableman Reveals Staff in Election Probe - Corri Hess - Dec 1st, 2021
- Op Ed: Sen. Ramthun Wants To Hijack Election - John Torinus - Nov 24th, 2021
- Democratic Legislators Refuse to Meet Privately With Gableman - Henry Redman - Nov 16th, 2021
- Kleefisch Files Suit Against Elections Commission - Laurel White - Nov 16th, 2021
- Gableman Says GOP Election Probe Stymied AG - Laurel White - Nov 11th, 2021
- Republicans Again Attack Wolfe, WEC - Henry Redman - Nov 10th, 2021
- Op Ed: Charges Against Election Officials Are Partisan Stunt - Jay Heck - Nov 7th, 2021
- Tony Evers and Josh Kaul Turn a Blind Eye to Election Integrity - Republican Party of Wisconsin - Nov 3rd, 2021
- WEC Commissioners to address audit findings Dec. 1 - Wisconsin Elections Commission - Nov 3rd, 2021
Read more about 2020 General Election here
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by State Sen. Melissa Agard
DNR held a public hearing to hear feedback regarding PFAS standards in ground and surface water