Sen. Larson statement on treasonous U.S. Capitol mob in support of Pres. Trump
Milwaukee, WI – What is occurring in Washington, D.C. today is nothing short of treason. At the urging of Donald Trump through lies and baseless accusations, a mob of his supporters gathered and stormed the United States Capitol in an attempt to disrupt the peaceful transfer of power. For a brief period of time, they succeeded.
Congress cannot be deterred by terrorists and must finish their business as soon as possible. President Trump will be out of office on January 20th, if he’s not impeached and removed sooner. Ron Johnson and those who echoed his lies to lead to this moment should resign immediately.
In the end, the will of the American people, who elected a new leader this November, will prevail. Sadly, it will take years to fully undo the damage that has been done to our democracy.
- Two Priests Blame Antifa for Capitol Riot - Henry Redman - Jan 20th, 2021
- Black History and the Trump Uprising - Isiah Holmes - Jan 18th, 2021
- Authorities Monitoring State Capitol - WPR Staff - Jan 17th, 2021
- Statement Relating to 2018 Contribution to Republican Attorneys General Association (RAGA) - Wisconsin REALTORS® Association - Jan 17th, 2021
- Op Ed: Scott Fitzgerald Has Very Bad Week - James Rowen - Jan 17th, 2021
- Uihleins Gave $4 Million to Group Pushing Capitol Rally - Melanie Conklin - Jan 16th, 2021
- Campaign Cash: State Businesses Supported Group Pushing Capitol Rally - Wisconsin Democracy Campaign - Jan 14th, 2021
- GOP State Legislators Asked Pence to Not Certify Election - Melanie Conklin - Jan 14th, 2021
- Wisconsin Delegation Votes Party Line on Impeachment - Rob Mentzer - Jan 14th, 2021
- Rep. Hintz: Condemns Republican Legislators’ Lies and Dangerous Rhetoric - State Rep. Gordon Hintz - Jan 14th, 2021
Read more about Chaos at the Capitol here
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by State Rep. Gordon Hintz
Looks Forward To Working with Biden-Harris Administration
Calls on Vos to Remove Legislators from Elections Committee