Rep. Wachs Responds to News That Foxconn is Cutting Its Investment in Wisconsin
"Wisconsin taxpayers are left holding the bag while Foxconn rolls back its investment in our state."
EAU CLAIRE – Rep. Dana Wachs, a Democratic challenger to Gov. Scott Walker in November, responded to news released this morning in the Nikkei Asian Review that Foxconn plans to cut its investment in Wisconsin. The article released this morning notes that the change would allow Foxconn to reduce its need to do business with Wisconsin suppliers.
“Gov. Walker has been parading around the state telling Wisconsin suppliers and small businesses that his $4.5 billion gamble is going to benefit them. Instead, it appears that Foxconn is more concerned about their bottom line than in investing in Wisconsin businesses.
“Wisconsin taxpayers are left holding the bag while Foxconn rolls back its investment in our state. There’s a reason why the saying goes, ‘it’s never wise to put all your eggs in one basket.’ Too bad Gov. Walker didn’t listen.
“This is a perfect example of why we need to invest in Wisconsin businesses, not foreign mega-corporations. Wisconsinites deserve a governor who is going to invest their tax dollars wisely, not gamble them away.”
Wachs for Wisconsin
- State Reviewing Foxconn Jobs Report - Erik Gunn - Jul 23rd, 2020
- Foxconn Hosts Smart Manufacturing Web Conference, Launches iAI Institute - Foxconn Technology Group - Jul 10th, 2020
- Foxconn Will Make 10K Ventilators - Corri Hess - Jun 19th, 2020
- Medtronic and Foxconn Partner to Increase Ventilator Production - Foxconn Technology Group - Jun 18th, 2020
- Foxconn Audit Delayed Two Months - Erik Gunn - Jun 3rd, 2020
- Back in the News: Foxconn’s Profits Plunge By 90% - Bruce Murphy - May 19th, 2020
- Foxconn to Assemble Procedural Masks in Wisconsin for Pandemic Relief - Foxconn Technology Group - Apr 20th, 2020
- Murphy’s Law: Foxconn Squeezes Evers - Bruce Murphy - Apr 15th, 2020
- Foxconn Says It Earned Tax Credits - Corri Hess - Apr 9th, 2020
- Back in the News: Foxconn Plant Will Make Ventilators - Bruce Murphy - Apr 8th, 2020
Read more about Foxconn Facility here
Recent Press Releases by State Rep. Dana Wachs
"Now is the time for unity."
"It’s about time that every worker be able to earn a fair, living wage at a safe job with decent working conditions."
"Their challenge was ridiculous and that’s why the Elections Commission rejected it."