Rep. Spreitzer statement on latest Foxconn news
"Today’s comments by Speaker Robin Vos and Majority Leader Fitzgerald demonstrate that they have not learned from their mistake and they continue to lack a coherent vision for the future of our state."
State Representative Mark Spreitzer, D-Beloit, released the following statement regarding the latest news on the Foxconn deal:
“Foxconn has fallen short on another promise to our state. What was originally billed as a multi-billion dollar deal with thousands of new jobs is now slipping away. This is distressing news for Wisconsin taxpayers.
”State and local governments have already committed millions of dollars and delayed other critical projects to make the original deal work, and we deserve to at least see a return on those investments. If today’s news were a surprise, it would be a crisis. Unfortunately, Foxconn’s past behavior made it clear that this was coming before the deal was even sketched out on Former Governor Walker’s napkin. Today’s comments by Speaker Robin Vos and Majority Leader Fitzgerald demonstrate that they have not learned from their mistake and they continue to lack a coherent vision for the future of our state.
“Instead of looking for another get-jobs-quick scheme that won’t actually deliver for Wisconsin, I look forward to working with Governor Evers and my Democratic colleagues on focused and disciplined economic growth plans that will generate results for our state and our workers.”
- Op Ed: Foxconn Shows Folly of Cheesehead Revolution - Dan Shafer - May 12th, 2021
- Foxconn Deal Doesn’t Reduce Local Government Risk - Corri Hess - May 3rd, 2021
- Murphy’s Law: The True Costs of New Foxconn Deal - Bruce Murphy - Apr 28th, 2021
- The State of Politics: All Sides Won On New Foxconn Deal - Steven Walters - Apr 26th, 2021
- New Foxconn Deal Cuts Incentives By $2.77 Billion - Jeramey Jannene - Apr 20th, 2021
- Rep Hintz: Statement on Approval of Revised Foxconn Contract - State Rep. Gordon Hintz - Apr 20th, 2021
- New Foxconn and WEDC Agreement Provides Flexibility and Clarity for Renewed Tech Investments in Science and Technology Park - Foxconn Technology Group - Apr 20th, 2021
- Gov. Evers Announces Renegotiated Foxconn Contract to Save Taxpayers $2.77 Billion - Gov. Tony Evers - Apr 20th, 2021
- Rep. Hintz: Statement on Foxconn Announcement - State Rep. Gordon Hintz - Apr 19th, 2021
- Evers Announces New, Smaller Foxconn Deal - Jeramey Jannene - Apr 19th, 2021
Read more about Foxconn Facility here
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by State Rep. Mark Spreitzer
"As an out gay man, I am proud to stand by my fellow LGBT legislators today to present the Equality Agenda in honor of Pride Month."
“Governor Evers is leading Wisconsin into a new era of bipartisanship."
"Gerrymandering has undermined our state’s democracy for too long."