Rep. Spreitzer statement on latest Foxconn news
"Today’s comments by Speaker Robin Vos and Majority Leader Fitzgerald demonstrate that they have not learned from their mistake and they continue to lack a coherent vision for the future of our state."
State Representative Mark Spreitzer, D-Beloit, released the following statement regarding the latest news on the Foxconn deal:
“Foxconn has fallen short on another promise to our state. What was originally billed as a multi-billion dollar deal with thousands of new jobs is now slipping away. This is distressing news for Wisconsin taxpayers.
”State and local governments have already committed millions of dollars and delayed other critical projects to make the original deal work, and we deserve to at least see a return on those investments. If today’s news were a surprise, it would be a crisis. Unfortunately, Foxconn’s past behavior made it clear that this was coming before the deal was even sketched out on Former Governor Walker’s napkin. Today’s comments by Speaker Robin Vos and Majority Leader Fitzgerald demonstrate that they have not learned from their mistake and they continue to lack a coherent vision for the future of our state.
“Instead of looking for another get-jobs-quick scheme that won’t actually deliver for Wisconsin, I look forward to working with Governor Evers and my Democratic colleagues on focused and disciplined economic growth plans that will generate results for our state and our workers.”
- State Reviewing Foxconn Jobs Report - Erik Gunn - Jul 23rd, 2020
- Foxconn Hosts Smart Manufacturing Web Conference, Launches iAI Institute - Foxconn Technology Group - Jul 10th, 2020
- Foxconn Will Make 10K Ventilators - Corri Hess - Jun 19th, 2020
- Medtronic and Foxconn Partner to Increase Ventilator Production - Foxconn Technology Group - Jun 18th, 2020
- Foxconn Audit Delayed Two Months - Erik Gunn - Jun 3rd, 2020
- Back in the News: Foxconn’s Profits Plunge By 90% - Bruce Murphy - May 19th, 2020
- Foxconn to Assemble Procedural Masks in Wisconsin for Pandemic Relief - Foxconn Technology Group - Apr 20th, 2020
- Murphy’s Law: Foxconn Squeezes Evers - Bruce Murphy - Apr 15th, 2020
- Foxconn Says It Earned Tax Credits - Corri Hess - Apr 9th, 2020
- Back in the News: Foxconn Plant Will Make Ventilators - Bruce Murphy - Apr 8th, 2020
Read more about Foxconn Facility here
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by State Rep. Mark Spreitzer
"As an out gay man, I am proud to stand by my fellow LGBT legislators today to present the Equality Agenda in honor of Pride Month."
“Governor Evers is leading Wisconsin into a new era of bipartisanship."
"Gerrymandering has undermined our state’s democracy for too long."