PRSA Southeastern Wisconsin Elects 2020 Leaders; Katharine Foley and Christine Dunbeck Become Youngest Chapter Leadership
Local public relations practitioners announced for year-long chapter positions
MILWAUKEE – (Dec. 18, 2019) – Public Relations Society of America (PRSA) Southeastern Wisconsin confirmed its 2020 board appointments at its December meeting and elected Katharine Foley, PR Advisor at Kane Communications Group as chapter president and Christine Dunbeck, Marketing Manager at MARS Solutions Group as chapter president-elect. Foley and Dunbeck, both 28, are the youngest people to be elected to lead the Southeastern Wisconsin chapter in its 69 year history. PRSA SE WI is the local chapter of PRSA, the world’s largest organization of public relations professionals, founded in 1947.
“I’m honored to serve as the PRSA SE WI president and work alongside our new and seasoned board members to elevate and energize the organization,” said Foley. “In 2020, PRSA SE WI plans to redesign its programming structure and expand local partnerships to offer a diverse lineup of events that meet the industry’s evolving needs.”
RSA SE WI is comprised of approximately 300 members representing public relations and communications professionals from across the region, ranging from recent college graduates to mid-level professionals to leaders in agency, corporate and nonprofit settings. The local chapter was founded in 1951 by Greta W. Murphy, who served as vice president of public relations and development at the Milwaukee School of Engineering (MSOE).
“I’m elated to assist implementation of new initiatives in our chapter,” Dunbeck commented. “We are dedicated to providing the highest level of programming and resources for Southeastern Wisconsin communications professionals. I look forward to serving my esteemed peers.”
The 2020 board is comprised of 12 local PR and communications professionals and includes:
- President – Katharine Foley, Kane Communications Group
- President-elect – Christine Dunbeck, MARS Solutions Group
- Immediate Past President – Ryan Amundson, Potawatomi
- Treasurer – Christine Dunbeck, MARS Solutions Group
- Junior Treasurer – Katrina Schwarz, National Fluid Power Association
- Secretary – Tim McCormick, Harley-Davidson Museum
- Membership Chair – Allison Kucek, Trefoil
- Director-at-Large – Community Service – Claire Koenig, VISIT Milwaukee
- Director-at-Large – PR Palooza – Emily Tau, VISIT Milwaukee
- Director-at-Large – Marketing – Emily Bultman, New Berlin Redi-Mix
- Director-at-Large – Midwest District Liaison – Patrick McSweeney, APR, Fellow PRSA
- Director-at-Large – Ethics Officer – Michael Pflughoeft, APR, Fellow PRSA
- Accreditation Committee Chair – Annie Gentil, APR, Harley-Davidson Motor Company
- Diversity & Inclusion Committee Chair – Lindsey McKee, VISIT Milwaukee
- PRSSA Liaison – Heidi Fendos, Fendos Public Relations
The Public Relations Society of America (PRSA) is the nation’s leading professional organization serving the communications community. With more than 30,000 professional and student members, PRSA is collectively represented in all 50 states by 110 Chapters and 14 Professional Interest Sections, and on nearly 375 college and university campuses through its student organization, the Public Relations Student Society of America (PRSSA). The Southeastern Wisconsin chapter sponsors student chapters at Carthage College, Marquette University, UW-Milwaukee, and UW-Whitewater.