Politicians attack voters’ freedoms and use taxpayer dollars for election review scams
MADISON – Most Wisconsin residents believe that voters should choose our leaders – elected officials do not decide which voter to hear and which to silence. Yet a handful of power-hungry politicians are attacking our freedom to vote by spreading lies about our elections and wasting $680,000 of taxpayer money to fund their election review scams.
Crucial programs and services are going unfunded while some legislators try to divert our attention from what matters most to voters: transparent, fair, and representative government. The vast majority of voters want our legislators to end this pandemic, approve fair maps, make healthcare affordable and ensure our kids can go to school safely – not frivolous spending on partisan fishing expeditions.
“Rather than attacking voters’ freedoms, our government should provide the information necessary to cast an informed ballot and motivate voters to participate in elections,” said Debra Cronmiller, the Executive Director of the League of Women Voters of Wisconsin. “Voting is about access and all efforts to limit this access are an assault on our constitutionally guaranteed voting rights.”
Voters in Wisconsin deserve to be heard. Our voices are saying “let us vote, listen to our needs, enact policies that reflect our will.” Voters understand that our elections are administered by our neighbors and trained election officials that we live side by side with. We trust them to count our ballots and keep them safe. No one should jeopardize the integrity of our election processes by 1 pushing lies and conspiracies, especially at the expense of Wisconsin taxpayers. We need our leaders focused on moving our state forward.
- What’s The Status of State Election Probes? - Laurel White - Sep 22nd, 2021
- Gableman Threatens to Subpoena Election Clerks - Madeline Fox - Sep 21st, 2021
- Will Donors Punish Legislators Pushing Election Lies? - Melanie Conklin - Sep 14th, 2021
- Gableman Request For Election Data Questioned - Laurel White - Sep 14th, 2021
- Republican Schools Colleagues on Election Lies - Melanie Conklin - Sep 12th, 2021
- GOP Election Probes ‘Bad Faith Efforts,’ Bipartisan Group Says - Laurel White - Sep 8th, 2021
- Politicians attack voters’ freedoms and use taxpayer dollars for election review scams - League of Women Voters of Wisconsin - Sep 7th, 2021
- Back in the News: Brandtjen Looks Foolish on Election Audit - Bruce Murphy - Sep 7th, 2021
- Taxpayers Funding Gableman’s Travel - Melanie Conklin - Sep 5th, 2021
- Milwaukee County Clerk George Christenson Rejects Invalid Subpoena - George Christenson - Sep 3rd, 2021
Read more about 2020 General Election here