Pocan Celebrates Approval of $18 Million in Wisconsin Infrastructure Investment
MADISON, WI—Today, U.S. Representative Mark Pocan (WI-02) announced the initial approval of $18 million in member-designated (earmarked) surface transportation project requests for Wisconsin’s 2nd Congressional District by the House Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure. These projects were included in the Committee chair’s manager’s amendment for the comprehensive surface transportation authorization bill which is expected to move forward in the coming months to the full House for consideration.
Congressman Pocan’s approved surface transportation requests are listed below.
- $6.275 million to reconstruct Atwood Ave. in Madison from Fair Oaks to Cottage Grove Rd. This project will reconstruct the existing roadway with pedestrian and bicycle multi-use paths and reconstruct a portion of the popular Lake Loop Bike Path.
- $2 million to replace the functionally obsolete and structurally deficient bridge over Pheasant Branch in the City of Middleton on County Highway M/Century Ave. A bike tunnel and trail improvements will be included in the project to connect the existing bike network.
- $2 million to resurface County Highway CV along the northern and western boundary of the Dane County Regional Airport and include on-road bike facilities and replace drainage structures.
- $2 million to resurface and widen County Highway CC in the Town and Village of Oregon which will enable on-road bike lanes. Curbs, gutters, and ditches in areas within the Village of Oregon would also be improved.
- $2 million to resurface and widen County Highway P and improve on-road bike lanes. Replacing and/or widening drainage structures would also occur, and curbs and gutters will replace ditches in areas within the unincorporated Village of Klevenville. The Military Ridge Trail Crossing would also be improved.
- $2 million to repair 6.56 miles of deteriorating pavement on US 14 between Spring Green and Madison.
- $1.6 million to convert the existing WIS 23/WIS 136 intersection in Reedsburg into a single lane roundabout in response to multiple fatal crashes that have occurred at the intersection over the last four years. Wisconsin roundabouts have been demonstrated to reduce the number of crashes resulting in death or injury by more than half.
- $125,000 to resurface Highway 033 in Reedsburg from Preston Ave. to State Highway 023.
See Congressman Pocan’s initial letter to the House Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure requesting these projects here.
Full bill text listing each project can be found on pages 177 to 179 here.
Recent Press Releases by U.S. Rep Mark Pocan