Outpost Natural Foods in Wauwatosa Undergoes 1.2 Million Dollar Remodel & Expansion
Work is scheduled to begin in June 2019 and will be phased in so as not to impact or impede shopping.
WAUWATOSA, WI. (June 15, 2019) – Outpost Natural Foods Co-op has begun an extensive remodel and expansion of its store at 7000 W. State Street in the Wauwatosa Village as part of a ramp up to its 50thAnniversary Celebration in 2020.
Features will include:
- A building expansion to accommodate additional frozen storage and food prep areas
- Expanded dairy, produce and prepared foods to-go offerings
- Expanded plant-based foods (vegan) department
- Expanded refrigerated beer and wine selections
- Energy efficient coolers and freezers throughout the store
- Expanded self-serve meat and seafood selections
- Larger, easy-to-shop cheese department
- Expanded frozen food selection
- Additional convenient meal solutions and prepared food ingredients
- Relocation of departments – bulk, beer & wine, cheese
- Updated décor including bright colors and graphics, new floor and updated lighting
- Sustainable, environmentally friendly practices including energy efficient lighting and refrigeration, and Low/No VOC finishes
The co-op has enlisted the design build firm MSI General of Oconomowoc as general contractor, and Retailworks of Milwaukee for store décor.
Work is scheduled to begin in June 2019 and will be phased in so as not to impact or impede shopping. The remodel should complete by fall of 2019. The store will remain open during the project.
The co-op’s Wauwatosa Village location was one of the first commercial buildings in Wisconsin constructed using sustainable design practices in 2000. The last expansion of this location took place in 2011.
“We consider our Tosa store to be a true urban market – human-scaled, convenient, with a full line of groceries and related goods tucked into a small footprint. This expansion and remodel will highlight our made-from-scratch foods, organic produce and other fresh items – as well as popular food categories like plant-based proteins – with a fun, easy-to-shop customer experience.” – Lisa Malmarowski director of brand and store development
About Outpost Natural Foods
Serving the greater Milwaukee area since 1970, Outpost Natural Foods Cooperative operates four store convenient locations in Metro Milwaukee, plus a wholesale and catering division. Co-owned by more than 23,000 individuals from Southeastern Wisconsin, Outpost employs more than 400 people, is a union employer represented by UFCW local #1473, as well as publishes an award-winning food and dining magazine (GRAZE). Outpost is one of the top 30 retail users of green power on the EPA’s Top 30 Green Partnership list. In April 2019, announced its commitment to eliminate petroleum-based plastic co-op packaging and consumables by 2022. Outpost is among the top ten consumer co-ops by sales volume in the United States.