Nonpartisan Voter Helpline Available Throughout Wisconsin
[MADISON, Wis.] – The League of Women Voters of Wisconsin (LWVWI) reminds voters across the state they can receive help from local nonpartisan experts in advance of the November Election by calling or texting the Voter Helpline at 608-285-2141.
The Voter Helpline was originally established in Dane County in 2016 by the League of Women Voters of Dane County and the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP), founders of the Dane County Voter ID Coalition. With the help of LWVWI, the team has expanded to include local experts across the state. Now anyone in Wisconsin can call the voter helpline with questions and will be referred to local volunteers to answer questions and offer in person assistance as needed.
“The Dane County Voter ID Coalition has provided much needed support for voters facing barriers to vote in the county. LWVWI is proud to partner with the Coalition to make this level of support available to all voters across the state,” said Eileen Newcomer, LWVWI voter education manager.
Voters calling the helpline can get assistance obtaining an acceptable photo ID for voting, registering to vote, request, voting absentee, voting early through in-person absentee voting, and finding polling locations. Helpline volunteers also offer rides to the DMV and can serve as witnesses for voters needing a witness to complete their absentee ballot.
Staff and volunteers are ready and waiting to answer voters’ questions, and can provide information in multiple languages, including Spanish.
- Murphy’s Law: The Vanishing Courage of Mike Gallagher - Bruce Murphy - May 11th, 2021
- Op Ed: Liz Cheney’s Profile In Courage - Dave Cieslewicz - May 9th, 2021
- Spindell Gets Second Term on Elections Commission - Henry Redman - Apr 30th, 2021
- A Tale of Two Elections - Melanie Conklin - Apr 26th, 2021
- Elections Commission Head Saw No Problems in Green Bay - Megan Hart - Mar 31st, 2021
- ‘Kraken’ Lawsuits Not Based on Facts - Graham Kilmer - Mar 23rd, 2021
- Republicans Attack Zuckerberg Election Grants Again - Shawn Johnson - Mar 11th, 2021
- Supreme Court Brushes Off Trump Election Challenge - Graham Kilmer - Mar 8th, 2021
- U.S. Supreme Court Rejects Wisconsin ‘Kraken’ Suit - Graham Kilmer - Mar 1st, 2021
- Op Ed: Waukesha Republicans’ Pillow Paranoia - James Wigderson - Feb 25th, 2021
Read more about 2020 General Election here