Nonpartisan Voter Helpline Available Throughout Wisconsin
[MADISON, Wis.] – The League of Women Voters of Wisconsin (LWVWI) reminds voters across the state they can receive help from local nonpartisan experts in advance of the November Election by calling or texting the Voter Helpline at 608-285-2141.
The Voter Helpline was originally established in Dane County in 2016 by the League of Women Voters of Dane County and the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP), founders of the Dane County Voter ID Coalition. With the help of LWVWI, the team has expanded to include local experts across the state. Now anyone in Wisconsin can call the voter helpline with questions and will be referred to local volunteers to answer questions and offer in person assistance as needed.
“The Dane County Voter ID Coalition has provided much needed support for voters facing barriers to vote in the county. LWVWI is proud to partner with the Coalition to make this level of support available to all voters across the state,” said Eileen Newcomer, LWVWI voter education manager.
Voters calling the helpline can get assistance obtaining an acceptable photo ID for voting, registering to vote, request, voting absentee, voting early through in-person absentee voting, and finding polling locations. Helpline volunteers also offer rides to the DMV and can serve as witnesses for voters needing a witness to complete their absentee ballot.
Staff and volunteers are ready and waiting to answer voters’ questions, and can provide information in multiple languages, including Spanish.
- Will BLM Movement Sway State Voters? - Bridgit Bowden - Oct 20th, 2020
- Democratic Party of Wisconsin Statement on Ivanka Trump’s Visit to Wisconsin - Democratic Party of Wisconsin - Oct 20th, 2020
- Voter Intimidation Is Illegal, Kaul Warns - Melanie Conklin - Oct 20th, 2020
- Could Polls Be As Wrong As In 2016? - Laurel White - Oct 19th, 2020
- Voters and Election Officials Push Forward - Henry Redman - Oct 19th, 2020
- Is Janesville Trump Country? - Ruth Conniff - Oct 19th, 2020
- “Think I’m Doing This for My Health?” - Rob Mentzer - Oct 18th, 2020
- Democratic Party of Wisconsin Statement on Ivanka Trump’s Visit to Wisconsin - Democratic Party of Wisconsin - Oct 18th, 2020
- Trump Will Rally In Janesville - Rob Mentzer - Oct 17th, 2020
- Judge Rejects Challenge to Election Grants - Shawn Johnson - Oct 15th, 2020
Read more about 2020 General Election here