Mitchell Parks Domes Sets Reopening Date for Saturday, Sept 26
Milwaukee – The iconic Mitchell Park Horticultural Conservatory, better known as the Domes, will reopen to the public on September 26th with reduced hours and an advanced registration system.
The Domes, which closed in March due to the COVID-19 pandemic, will reopen the tropical dome, desert dome, and floral show dome with the fall show ‘The Legend of Sleepy Hollow’.
All three Domes will open Wednesdays-Fridays from 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. and Saturday-Sundays from 10 a.m. – 6 p.m. Before visiting, guests will need to reserve a timeslot at www.mitchellparkdomes.com. A maximum of 45 visitors will be admitted during each 20-minute window, although there is no time limit on how long visitors can spend at the Domes. The reservation system will begin taking advance reservations starting September 16. No walk up admissions will be allowed at this time.
Doris Maki, Director of the Mitchell Park Domes, said “No matter the weather outside, the Domes offer a warm, welcoming space for people to connect to nature, and we have a lot of fans that are excited to explore our great indoors again after a long six-month wait”.
Set up for the fall show will begin next week. As part of the Sleepy Hollow theme, visitors can explore a colonial autumn garden to find clues to unravel the mystery of the Headless Horseman.
The Domes Gift Shop, managed by the non-profit Friends of The Domes, will reopen with expanded space in the lobby area. The Friends will also be offering virtual classes and events as part of the Domes Education Center. The venue’s event partner, Zilli’s Catering, will also begin hosting private events inside the Domes after public admission hours.
Visit www.mitchellparkdomes.com to reserve a time slot or call the visitor center at 414-257-5600 for information.
How to reserve an advanced timeslot online:
- Go to www.mitchellparkdomes.com and click the ‘select a timeslot’ button
- Select an available day/time that you’d like to arrive. Let us know how many people will be in your group and follow the steps to add to cart and check out. No payments are taken at this stage.
- You’ll receive a confirmation email that shows your visit date and ‘departure time’ – please arrive at The Domes at the departure time listed.
- When you arrive, pay for your admission to the gardens at the fee booth using credit card or cash.
- Follow the one-way route around the Domes. Masks are required and maintain physical distancing of at least 6ft from anyone not in your group. A maximum of ten people per group will be allowed.
Recent Press Releases by Milwaukee County Parks
Milwaukee County Executive David Crowley Announces ‘Love Your Parks’ Collaboration with Purple Door Ice CreamOct 9th, 2020 by Milwaukee County Parks
Limited edition 'Trail Mix' ice cream flavor now available at Purple Door Ice Cream Locations