Milwaukee Peach Week 2019 Kicks-Off Today
First annual event announces local pairings, partnerships and dinners all celebrating the peak of peach season
Milwaukee, WIS., July 8, 2019 – After a long Wisconsin winter, the arrival of ripe Georgia peaches have often served as an unofficial signal that Summer is in full swing. This year, the city is honoring the highly anticipated peach season with the first official Peach Week. From July 8-14, the greater-Milwaukee area will celebrate the summer fruit with pairings, dishes, dinners and free peach sampling taking place all around town.
The event is the brainchild of the locally-based Tree-Ripe Fruit Co. This family-owned business has been bringing the freshest fruit to the greater-Milwaukee area, the state and many parts of the Midwest for almost 30 years. Tree-Ripe Fruit Co. partners with a fifth-generation Georgia peach farm to grow the best peaches, picked at the perfect time and then delivers them to cities, often within 48-hours of picking. The brand has a long-standing and passionate fanbase that often counts down the days for the truck’s arrival and gets in line early to ensure they get their fill of the farm-fresh fruit.
“We have long wanted to create an event that showcases the passion and excitement of our incredible customers with the creativity of our local small-business partners,” said Tiernan Paine, owner of Tree-Ripe Fruit Co. “We are thrilled to bring this all-star line-up to the first official event and look forward to sharing a taste of our family business with the community.”
Key events include:
- July 9, 9 – 10:30 AM, at SmallPie: Fresh peach sale and pie.
- July 10, 6PM – 10 PM: Peach Dinner at The Diplomat: Come join us for a Georgia peach inspired dinner with Chef Dane Baldwin. Sweet, savory and boozy, he is incorporating peaches into everything. Reservations recommended.
- July 12, 5 – 8PM, at Maxie’s: Peach inspired dishes and fresh peach samples
- July 13, 5 – 8PM, at Story Hill BKC: Fresh peaches, dishes, and pairings, oh my!
- July 13, 4-8PM, Peach Social at The Palomino: Come celebrate with an afternoon of fresh Georgia peaches, pork, barrel-aged cocktails, and pie! Peach pies from our Honeypie Cafe bakeshop kitchen, peach-soaked bourbon cocktails from the bar, peach ice cream, peach inspired side dishes, and of course, fresh Georgia peaches for sale from Tree-Ripe Fruit Co.
- July 14, 7 – 11AM at Blue’s Egg: Stop by to try-out peach themed breakfast and brunch items at the Milwaukee or Shorewood locations.
In addition to the one-time events, several local small businesses will be creating and incorporating Tree-Ripe fresh peaches into their already popular products and signature dishes including Amilinda, Cafe Lulu, Hatched, Honey Pie, Miss Molly’s, Mor, The Pasta Tree, Pete’s Pops, PRESS, The Original, That Salsa Lady, Lazy Susan and Sanford.
Those looking to get their hands on some of these fresh Georgia peaches for their own at-home enjoyment can find a full schedule of Tree-Ripe Fruit Co. truck deliveries via website tree-ripe.com, Facebook @treeripe or Instagram @treeripefruit. Events that fall within Peach Week include:
- July 8, 12:00 – 1:30 PM: Menomonee Falls Neu’s Building Center || N95 W16915 Richfield Way
- July 8, 9:00 – 10:30 AM: Waukesha – Central St Vincent DePaul Thrift Store || 818 W Sunset Dr
- July 9, 12:00 – 1:30 PM: Greenfield ||Classic Lanes || 5404 W Layton Ave
- July 9, 3:00 – 4:30 PM: West Allis Elliott’s Ace Hardware || 11003 W Oklahoma Ave
- July 10, 9:00 – 10:30 AM: Milwaukee – North Menards || 8110 W Brown Deer Rd
- July 10, 12:00 – 1:30 PM: Cedarburg Circle B Recreation || 6261 State Hwy 60
- July 10, 3:00 – 4:30 PM: West Bend King Pin Bowl || 1022 S Main St
- July 12, 12:00 – 1:30 PM: Mukwonago Blue Bay Family Restaurant || 927 Main St
- July 12, 3:00 – 4:30 PM: Waukesha – North Blain’s Farm & Fleet || 2310 Kossow Rd
- July 13, 12:00 – 1:30 PM: Milwaukee – Northwest Schwabenhof || N56 W14750 Silver Spring Dr
- July 13, 3:00 – 4:30 AM: Elm Grove Elliott’s Ace Hardware || 15360 Watertown Plank Rd
About Tree-Ripe Fruit Co.:
Tree-Ripe Fruit Co. was founded in 1990 with the commitment to bring the finest Florida citrus, Georgia peaches and pecans, and Michigan blueberries to Wisconsin and the Midwest. Tree-Ripe Fruit Co. works directly with farmers to offer the best possible product by letting their fruit develop to proper maturity. In other words, their fruit isn’t going to be in cold storage for an extended period of time. They do not need to pick for the sole purpose of having “shelf life”. Rather, they harvest our fruit at its absolute peak and deliver it on our truck to our customers, often within 48-hours. That means what you get tastes like real fruit. The way it used to be. The way it’s supposed to be.
Today we deliver to over 200 Midwest locations–Georgia peaches & Michigan blueberries in the summer, and seasonal deliveries of Wisconsin apples, Oregon pears, and Florida citrus. www.tree-ripe.com