Milwaukee Irish Fest Announces 2018 Gate Promotions
Enjoy the World’s Largest Celebration of Irish and Celtic Music and Culture at a Discount
MILWAUKEE, Wis. (August 6, 2018) – Milwaukee Irish Fest has made it easy and affordable for visitors to attend this year’s festival, which takes place August 16-19, on Milwaukee’s beautiful lakefront. Festivalgoers can take advantage of free or discounted admission opportunities via a variety of gate promotions during the four-day festival.
“Milwaukee Irish Fest is a celebration of all things Irish – from music, to culture, sports, food and family fun – and we are committed to ensuring that the festival is affordable for everyone,” said Mike Mitchell, executive director of CelticMKE, home of Milwaukee Irish Fest. “Our gate promotions this year make it easy for festivalgoers to save all weekend long.”
2018 gate promotions include:
- Military Discount – Any and all active military members will receive free admission to the festival, any day, with a valid I.D., plus one guest, at any gate window. Thank you for your service to our country.
- Thursday Promotion (Festival Hours: 5 p.m. – 10 p.m.) – Free admission with a donation of school supplies for Hope House on Thursday, Aug. 16. Partial grounds open.
- Friday Promotion (Festival Hours: 4 p.m. – 12 a.m.) – Half-price Friday! $10 general admission on Friday, Aug. 17.
- Saturday Promotions (Festival Hours: 12 p.m. – 12 a.m.)
- Register for the 2018 Arthritis Foundation Run/Walk to Milwaukee Irish Fest and receive free admission before 3 p.m. on Saturday, Aug. 18.
- Military veterans will receive free admission from 12 p.m. – 4 p.m. to attend the Vietnam War Commemoration at 3:45 p.m.
- Sunday Promotions (Festival Hours: 11 a.m. – 10 p.m.)
- College Day – College students receive $3 off general admission with a valid student I.D. between 2 p.m. and 7 p.m. on Sunday, Aug. 19.
- Fests Feed Milwaukee – Anyone donating at least three non-perishable food items by 11 a.m. will receive free admission to the festival. All non-perishable food items will be donated to Hunger Task Force. The Hunger Task Force is requesting for donations of canned peaches in 100% juice or with no sugar added.
- Military Day – Free admission for active, reserve, retired and guard military personnel plus one guest with valid military I.D. on Sunday, Aug. 19.
4-Day Passes are also available and can be purchased online for only $38. To purchase advance tickets and to learn about our new ticket package programs, and special partner promotions/ discounts, visit www.IrishFest.com. Admission to the festival includes all of the musical acts, cultural exhibits, children’s activities and more!
General admission for the festival is $20, $15 for seniors 60+ and free for kids 12 and under.
About Milwaukee Irish Fest
Milwaukee Irish Fest is the world’s largest celebration of Celtic music and culture. The four-day festival showcases more than 100 entertainment acts on 17 stages at Henry W. Maier Festival Park on Milwaukee’s lakefront. The annual festival occurs every third weekend in August. The 38th annual Milwaukee Irish Fest takes place August 16 to 19, 2018.
Milwaukee Irish Fest is proudly presented by CelticMKE, a non-profit organization dedicated to igniting a love of Celtic culture and heritage in all people. With the help of more than 4,000 volunteers, CelticMKE and Milwaukee Irish Fest promote Celtic music, dance, drama, sports, culture, children’s activities and genealogy through the annual festival, as well as year-round programming. For more information, visit www.CelticMKE.com.
Recent Press Releases by CelticMKE
Ireland Honors Founder of Milwaukee Irish Fest with Prestigious Presidential Distinguished Service Award for the Irish AbroadNov 29th, 2018 by CelticMKE
Founded in 2012, the award is presented by the President of Ireland, Michael D. Higgins.
Local Landmarks Help Light the Way to the 2018 Festival, August 16-19