Johnson, Graham Support Independent Commission to Investigate January 6 Attack on the US Capitol
WASHINGTON – U.S. Senators Ron Johnson (R-Wis.) and Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) today called on Congress to appoint an independent commission to investigate the January 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol. They made this statement:
“Congress should not be allowed to investigate itself when it comes to the massive security failures of January 6.
“We are calling for an independent commission to be appointed to investigate the security failures that allowed the Capitol to be breached on January 6th resulting in five deaths. While today’s announcement that the Capitol Police Inspector General will investigate is welcome, we believe we need a truly independent commission with wide latitude and authority to examine the failures by the Capitol Police leadership, House and Senate Sergeants at Arms, and the officials that oversee them.
“Americans understand Congress is rife with partisan disputes and turf wars. We fear that without an outside set of eyes to review the issues the led to January 6, the investigations will fall into the familiar territory of partisan squabbles ultimately resolving nothing.
“The U.S. Capitol is the people’s house and it belongs to the American people. We owe it to them to get to the bottom of this security failure, which was a national embarrassment. A commission is the best opportunity for us to get the answers the American people deserve.”
- Tiffany Pushed Election Lies, Report Notes - Henry Redman - Mar 6th, 2021
- Johnson Presses Capitol Police, Architect of the Capitol, for Information Regarding Capitol Breach - U.S. Sen. Ron Johnson - Feb 28th, 2021
- Back in the News: Bipartisan Bashing of Ron Johnson - Bruce Murphy - Feb 24th, 2021
- Senator Johnson Continues to Seek Answers About Capitol Breach, Sends Senate Leaders Unanswered Questions to be Addressed - U.S. Sen. Ron Johnson - Feb 23rd, 2021
- Wisconsin Democrats Issue Statement After Ron Johnson Spreads Lies on Behalf of Violent Insurrectionists in Senate Hearing - Democratic Party of Wisconsin - Feb 23rd, 2021
- About Impeachment - U.S. Sen. Ron Johnson - Feb 18th, 2021
- Back in the News: The Hoax Master of Wisconsin - Bruce Murphy - Feb 17th, 2021
- Back in the News: Uline Faces Blowback on Capitol Riot - Bruce Murphy - Feb 15th, 2021
- Op Ed: The Lessons of Impeachment - Matt Rothschild - Feb 15th, 2021
- How The Republican Party Lost Control - Henry Redman - Feb 15th, 2021
Read more about Chaos at the Capitol here